Thread: stuff lying around?

stuff lying around?

Anybody out there with 45 / 70 Government reload stuff lying around?, I have a new set of dies on the way from Midwayuk, but would be interested in ow't else, brass maybe? etc.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ah Man! You're on the wrong side of the ocean. Come here and bring a shopping basket. I have brass, bullets, and maybe a spare mold.~Muir

Stoppitt Andy!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have a SAECO lubricator/sizer you can have if you come get it. I also have a spare .457 round ball mold. Flare a sized case to just allow the ball to enter the mouth, prime, and put in a few grains of fast burning shotgun powder and press the ball into the case mouth with your thumb. Smear a little lube around the flare. Loaded single shot it is quiet medicine for bunnies (or marauding cats) at 25 yards!~Muir

Which reminds me... Lee's molds for the Ruger "Old Army" .45 caliber black powder revolver are .457" bullets. If they fit your gun they make fine small game bullets.
    Last edited by Muir; 02-05-2010 at 15:13.

How about a Lee Factory crimp die? Interested?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    How about a Lee Factory crimp die? Interested?
    I would of thought in a rifle with a tube mag' one of these would be almost a must.

ATB

Tahr

Not necessarily. It is standard practice to build a crimping feature into 45-70 reloading dies. That being said, I like the Factory Crimp better.~Muir

Hornady dies on the way, Starline brass 100 count on the way, Thanks anyway Harry!

(Finn: I'd take Harry up on the offer provided he isn't going to gouge you. ~Muir)