Thread: Stalking scope feedback Swarovski vs Grays

Stalking scope feedback Swarovski vs Grays

I'm looking for a stalking scope, I'm a Swarovski man all over, but I have seen this grays telescope and was looking at any feedback. The Gray & Co. Stalking Telescope V's the Swarovski CTS or CTC

any one have any of the above for sale in mint condition.... Ready to pay now.

Quote Originally Posted by OISÍN View Post
    I'm looking for a stalking scope, I'm a Swarovski man all over, but I have seen this grays telescope and was looking at any feedback. The Gray & Co. Stalking Telescope V's the Swarovski CTS or CTC

any one have any of the above for sale in mint condition.... Ready to pay now.
    My Dad has a Grays scope and it's fairly easy to hold and use. A friend bought the Swarovski equivalent and didn't like it because it was not as easy to hold and use as a traditional draw scope. So, I suggest trying before buying the Swarovski.

Regards

JCS

What are you going to use it for. I use a Grays for the hill, a lot easier to use, and hold steady with a stick, more compact, you don't notice it when you're carrying it.

Of the two Grays spotting scopes I had the cheaper version and sold It on a while ago as the glass was poor to my eyes, I had chance to try the Grays most expensive scope on an outing once and It was very good, bright and weight wise light & easy to handle ... However I gave a mate that has a Swarovski CTC and that Is much brighter, clearer all round, however I find It difficult to handle particularly with the protective jacket on ... Personally I would go for the more expensive Grays scope ... Call me old fashioned if you like! ,,, HTH
    ... Altogether a rather better class of Remington 222 user ...

Grays every time, we have both in the family, Swaro hardly ever goes out ,but the Grays is always with us, so much quicker and easier to handle.But I AM old fashioned.Wf1

Never used the Swaro, but I have a single-draw Optolyth 30x75 (or something) which is similar in design. I've used that on the hill, as well as a Grays, and older three-draw scopes (Broadhurst Clarkson and Ross).
    The three-draws are by far the easier to use because they are slimmer and longer. The Grays (and mine is a modern one) has better glass than my older three-draws - but whether it is £1000 better is perhaps debatable, for you can get the old 'scopes for a bit over £200 if you look carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Never used the Swaro, but I have a single-draw Optolyth 30x75 (or something) which is similar in design. I've used that on the hill, as well as a Grays, and older three-draw scopes (Broadhurst Clarkson and Ross).
    The three-draws are by far the easier to use because they are slimmer and longer. The Grays (and mine is a modern one) has better glass than my older three-draws - but whether it is £1000 better is perhaps debatable, for you can get the old 'scopes for a bit over £200 if you look carefully.
    I agree with Dalua. There are some very good older draw scopes available for not a lot of money. Earlier this year Ace Optics advertised a Hertel and Reuss 20-60x60 draw scope for £100, which I duly bought. Because it is fairly long extended, it is easy to steady. Optically very good too.
    The Optolyths are excellent but have increased in price quite dramatically lately. I looked through a Swarovski (non-draw type) that a friend has for sale and it was very clear and bright but relatively short to steady. He is asking £695 but it is not seven times better than my old Hertel and Reuss.