Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: maxed out windage

maxed out windage

can this be a scope issue?

mounts have been housing a different scope which had no such problem

I mean maxed out and still 1MOA off centre (with a max range of 27MOA left to right!)

is that something in the scope that could be fixed?

I really dont want to be p1ssing around with windage adjustable mounts as they dont come in sako format as far as I can see!

Was it a two piece rail on a Sako 75 perchance, just to ape "I've just been to Africa with my Blaser" boy up there?

P........... around with windage adjustable mounts is exactly what you should be doing:

1. Centre reticle by first determining total number of clicks from stop point L - R then halving.
    2. Purchase a set of Conetrol mounts and rings.
    3. Mount scope.
    4. Bore sight using only Conetrol ring adjustment screws for ‎the L & R element of sighting-in.
    5. Once on paper further adjust as per above until at least a minimum of 6" from perfect 100 yards zero.
    6. Now unscrew your L & R turret and twiddle. ‎

It's so simples the Conetrol way! ‎

K‎
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    P........... around with windage adjustable mounts is exactly what you should be doing:

1. Centre reticle by first determining total number of clicks from stop point L - R then halving.
    2. Purchase a set of Conetrol mounts and rings.
    3. Mount scope.
    4. Bore sight using only Conetrol ring adjustment screws for ‎the L & R element of sighting-in.
    5. Once on paper further adjust as per above until at least a minimum of 6" from perfect 100 yards zero.
    6. Now unscrew your L & R turret and twiddle. ‎

It's so simples the Conetrol way! ‎

K‎

Trouble with this is that the line of sight and the line of bore are now divergent, isn't it?

Burris Signature Posilock rings on Burris or Warne bases will solve the problem.
    The have polymer inserts which are off-center, so you can set your knobs on center and align the scope with the rings, then lock them down and do final sight in with the knobs,... just like with the Conetrols, but easier. Conetrols are beautiful rings, though. I have had them on several rifle. They don't move - ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    Trouble with this is that the line of sight and the line of bore are now divergent, isn't it?
    Only if the bullet doesn't smack the centre of the 10 ring.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Conetrol dont answer the phone and as far as I can see dont do a base for a tapered Sako dovetail (its a S491 btw)
    Burris only do a weaver dovetail option

that is all fine but my concern is for a scope that has 27MOA adjustment left to right to be 13.5 + 1 MOA off centre surely there has to be a problem internally?

I am not tapping a dovetailed receiver in order to bolt on ironmongery

also this rifle had a meopta in optilocks that was fine, not maxed out or anywhere near
    Last edited by bewsher500; 14-10-2015 at 17:17.

Had the same once with a scope. The scope was nackered, mounted new scope all was fine again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    Was it a two piece rail on a Sako 75 perchance, just to ape "I've just been to Africa with my Blaser" boy up there?
    one of my mates had a similar issue.

AirgunBBS.com

and yes, i have just been to africa with my plastic rifle.