Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox's pairing up

Fox's pairing up

Last Friday I was out rabbiting and heard quite a lot of fox calling which is very early. On Tuesday evening we got on a pair on some stubble, they were adults and by chance shot the vixen first and the dog as it turned out didn't run of but went up to its slain partner and so suffered the same fate. Both were old adults.

I know this year we had some very big well grown cubs very early in the year which suggested very early pairing in 2014. Makes me wonder if the same is happening this year.

Anybody else experiencing similar behaviour?

D

I have been woken early hours by a dog fox calling for around six weeks on & off.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I best try the vixen On heat call this weekend
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I saw two seporate pairs on Monday night, wouldnt say they were mating but definatatly thinking about it, cheers

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I'm on the case for Friday night,

Vixen on heat ...foxpro wildfire,

Sako s/491' drone x10 t67 black sun,

Hot flask of tomato soup and some dunking fingers

Landrover discovery with a LF 170 on top,

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Started last fri eve here gone quiet now though
    norma

Does anyone have a link for a descent "Vixen on heat" call that can be downloaded please?

Semd me me your email

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Does anyone have a link for a descent "Vixen on heat" call that can be downloaded please?

I was out again last night and watched a pair of foxs working a field, didn't stray too far apart, unfortunately had 3 hedges ditches and fences between them and me so couldn't get on them but now I know where they are going may get them. Anyway they looked paired up to me so could be a very early breeding season this year.

D

Just got back in from a short (rabbit) lamping session with the 22LR. Heard a couple of foxes calling. Spotted one of them about 200 yards away but chose not to "pursue them" as I didn't have any fox callers with me and nor I did I want to chance educating them to the lamp.
    Looks like a trip out with the lamp on the centrefire is in order as soon as time and weather permits!