Lowa Combat GTX Boots

russ91

hi guys I’m thinking about getting a pair of these soon can any one comment on them iv had lowa boots before and found them superb but did not use them for stalking so can anyone review these from a stalkers point of view?

russ

Russ

look at the new style army boots.......they are made by lowa and are alot cheaper!, i have a pair in 8 med which is an 8.5 and they are very comfortable to wear with a good vibram sierra sole and of course are goretex lined. look on ebay for them.
I wore mine once or twice on the hill last year and they were fine although mine are a tad too big and i should of got an 8 reg, so i went back to wearing my glockners.
All in all though i can recommend the new proboot (british army lowa)

steve

I have a pair. They are heavy but give great ankle support and are very comfy. I use mine for shooting/walking/work and cant fault them. Plus now they are worn in they havent developed any annoying or potential stalk ruining squeaks!!!

i have a pair of lowa supercamp (patrol). They are lower cut than the combat but offer v good ankle support. I went for the non gore tex boots as the army guys recon they are better because the goretex lining takes longer to dry if you get water in the top and the boots are waterproof anyway without the lining.

pete

Great boots, to my surprise i prefer them to my Dovre....... they are heavy so you may want to look at a pair of Lowa Seeker for summer......

hi guys I’m thinking about getting a pair of these soon can any one comment on them iv had lowa boots before and found them superb but did not use them for stalking so can anyone review these from a stalkers point of view?

russ
I am currently using a pair of Lowa Mountain Boots.................absolutely fine ..warm..waterproof................always kept well greased. My secondary pair are ex German Army Para Boots...the Mk 5 model. Almost new £ 30.....also kept well greased and so far waterproof...warm and very comfortable. Hunt around for your best price on the Lowa Boot. The others , any good ex army shop....but do try before buying................
Yours aye MBP

Combat GTX boots are good, had mine for a couple of yrs. They were very comfortable and coped with the yrs hunting in new zealand in all conditions! But when i returned to uk I replaced them with the Lowa Hunter Extreme GTX! Just as comfortable as the combats but id say are alot more hard wearing as the rubber rand protects the leather from rocks etc!
Im sure you will be happy with either, but i guess it depends on how hard your going to use them!

atb James

Back