Available: Deer Stalking Best Practice Event - North Wales - Spring Summer 2016

Krabryn

After the first two successful events of this type held in the Conwy Valley, there is a perceived need by many to repeat it on a regular basis.

A call for potential topics to be shortlisted for the organizers is called for here.

Let us have your ideas and thoughts about what you would like to see.

I'll take this opportunity to throw one into the melting pot. 'Lyme Disease - A Countryside Hazard Awareness Update'

Cheers, K

Last edited:
Is this likely to be at a field venue that would allow live firing?
If so, a masterclass in zeroing would be good, as would some simulated stalking situations.

I had a chat with Ian Skelton of the Midlands Wales & Marches Branch of the BDS yesterday at the excellent Wales Deer Forum meeting held in the Brecon Beacons Visitor Centre.
He thinks a butchery skills item could be put on in a suitably equipped venue

Carcase handling and butchery techniques would be useful to me.

David.

This is a distinct possibility subject to a suitable venue and availability of a carcass or two, any assistance with venues would be welcome.

This is a distinct possibility subject to a suitable venue and availability of a carcass or two, any assistance with venues would be welcome.

What about Kinmel, where some of us did our DSC1 in the spring? They've got plenty of deer and a larder to hang them in. Not sure about butchery facilities, but presumably something temporary could be set up if required? There seemed to be a fair number of empty outbuildings on that yard.

+1 for the butchery and carcase handling too, but happy to listen and learn anything really

Kinmel is only just up the road from me too

Back