Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Selling rifle through RFD

  1. #1

    Selling rifle through RFD

    Just a quickie if I take a rifle to an RFD to sell in the shop asa commission sale, does it remain on my ticket until sold or do they take it off & it becomes their property so to speak the same as a shotgun. Then I notify firearms dept of the transfer & I apply for a one for one to get the slot back?

    Cheers

    Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  2. #2
    Whichever you prefer; if there isn't a conflict I keep it on (in case it doesn't sell) & advise of the revised storage arrangements.

  3. #3
    Ah ok that would probably suit me better, thanks
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  4. #4
    I had one where the shop told Firearms I had sold it to them and I got a stiff letter saying I should have notified. Make sure your clear with the shop which way you go.

  5. #5
    Just an observation?
    How could said firearm have 2 owners?
    I handed in one to be sold to clear a slot for a 1 for 1 a few years ago and the paperwork was completed by the RFD and submitted to the police within the 7 day limit by both of us.
    interesting situation?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Just an observation?
    How could said firearm have 2 owners?
    I handed in one to be sold to clear a slot for a 1 for 1 a few years ago and the paperwork was completed by the RFD and submitted to the police within the 7 day limit by both of us.
    interesting situation?

    Maybe it is classed as being stored at the RFD, but without being charged? I'm going to try and get over there later so will update when I've been for clarity,

    Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  7. #7
    I thought it would come off my ticket when actually sold to new owner. Anyway, just coz it's on my ticket does not mean I own it, it means I'm licensed to possess and use it. Two people can share a rifle if it's on both tickets cant they?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaothead View Post
    I thought it would come off my ticket when actually sold to new owner. Anyway, just coz it's on my ticket does not mean I own it, it means I'm licensed to possess and use it. Two people can share a rifle if it's on both tickets cant they?

    Yes mate but it has to be conditioned on your cert. I have 2 rifles on mine that are owned by a friend and I am allowed to borrow them from time to time
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Just an observation?
    How could said firearm have 2 owners?
    I handed in one to be sold to clear a slot for a 1 for 1 a few years ago and the paperwork was completed by the RFD and submitted to the police within the 7 day limit by both of us.
    interesting situation?
    Ownership and possession aren't the same thing.
    A single rifle can be on multiple tickets, it just needs to be clear on where it is stored.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Milligan View Post
    Ownership and possession aren't the same thing.
    A single rifle can be on multiple tickets, it just needs to be clear on where it is stored.
    Sorry, my poor terminology but if in possession of RFD for purposes of sale, not repair, my query still valid? maybe?

Similar Threads

  1. price to RFD a rifle - Bedford
    By urx in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-02-2015, 22:47
  2. Selling a rifle
    By Northwest in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 12:30
  3. Selling rifle
    By foxyrich in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2014, 22:08
  4. RFD Lothians for receiving a RFD-RFD transfer
    By bewsher500 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 21:18
  5. Selling to a RFD
    By ezzy6.5 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 20:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •