Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOVEMBER: I'm doing it in memory of my Dad - and for you...

MOVEMBER: I'm doing it in memory of my Dad - and for you...

My Dad died on the 25th of February this year after his prostate cancer spread into his bones. He was 72.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quen and Dad.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	598.0 KB 
ID:	62237
    You are probably/hopefully all aware of Movember, and its 2 main aims:

- to raise awareness of prostate cancer
    - to raise vital funds for research into prostate cancer

As prostate cancer is obviously a male condition, given that shooting and stalking is mainly undertaken by men and hence SD members are predominantly, although not exclusively, male, this should be something that you are all at least aware of.

I have decided to support Movember this year, and so - as a normally clean shaven chap - from the 1st of November, I shall be going down the 'tache route. (.....final style is still very much 'TBC'....!)

So here's the deal.....you can laugh at me, call me whatever you like, tell me what a total (insert insult of your choice here) I look with a moustache......and I'll post periodic update pictures for full comedy effect......but it'll cost you.

You can donate here: https://uk.movember.com/donate/payme...r_id/11898885/

I've set a fairly ambitious target of 500.00.....but I think it is achievable. I know times is 'ard, and there are a lot of competing requests for sponsorship, but I'd like to think that I can put a few quid forward in memory of my Dad. Miss out on a few coffees from high street chains over the course of the next few weeks and donate that. Empty the glove box of change. I don't care where it comes from, and let's be honest, it has to be worth a few bob of anybody's money to see me looking an utter.....again, I'll leave it to you to fill in the blank. If everyone that reads this post donated the cost of a few rounds of centrefire ammo, a box of 12g cartridges or the cost of a couple of pints, then we'd smash the target in no time.

If for whatever reason, you aren't able to donate, then as long as the thought is lodged somewhere that prostate cancer needs to be taken seriously, can be treated, and early intervention makes a difference - then I'll count that as just as much of a result.

Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

Smooth-upper-lippedly yours, but not for much longer,

Quen
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Done well done mate
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

done! Regards sbm

Cheers guys!

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Done.
    I couldn't stand the ribbing off my boys for a month.

ATB mate.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Done.
    I couldn't stand the ribbing off my boys for a month.

ATB mate.

Jon
    .....I don't doubt you'll sling some ribbing my way once you see me sporting a moustache mate!! ;-)

Quen, well done!

Like your late Father, I also have Pca, and, as with any form of cancer, it is far from pleasant.

Anything that raises its profile, and thus helps to prevent this awful blight on us, is a cause that we should all support.

Steve
    He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast. Shakespeare, King Lear.

done
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Your donation page isn't showing any comments - so I'll repeat mine here. "Don't bother with the tache just put a bag over your head ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Your donation page isn't showing any comments - so I'll repeat mine here. "Don't bother with the tache just put a bag over your head ..."
    .....but that would obscure my looks! Oh. Hang on a mo.....