Thread: Benelli M2 recoil pad

Benelli M2 recoil pad

Would anyone know where I could purchase one of the longer/larger Benelli M2 recoil pads (i think it's number 3).

Thanks,

Ali

I had the same thoughts a few years ago when I got my own M2. The lack of availability, and the price of around 65 quid put me off! I found a Beartooth slip over pad, in black did the trick and is still on the gun now. Cost about 15 dollars, and there are a few people in the UK selling them from time to time.

i have a m2 comfortech. Why do you want a recoil pad? being an inertia powered semi auto it doesn't have much recoil. Why not use lower weight cartridges?

One problem with the Benelli, too short, and when I was trying to obtain the pad you're after I resorted to contacting a guy selling a gun on Guntrader to see if he would part with the pad separately (he had all three). I take it the pads are still on back order everywhere then ?

[QUOTE=aliS;1029187]Would anyone know where I could purchase one of the longer/larger Benelli M2 recoil pads (i think it's number 3).

Thanks,

Ali[/QUOT

you can purchase one via any gun shop that has an account with GMK (it would have to be ordered in) they are over 80 though to buy new! You would be very lucky to find one second hand, I know as I have tried myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.308 View Post
    i have a m2 comfortech. Why do you want a recoil pad? being an inertia powered semi auto it doesn't have much recoil. Why not use lower weight cartridges?
    To increase the LOP nick, every M2s butt plate is a recoil pad and there is three lengths 15(sic), 25 & 35mm. I feel 25 is too short and Like John_R I've been using a bear tooth slip on one for the past few years. But the time has coem where I think if I'm going to have the thing for a few more years I'd like something more permanent.

Thanks All
    Last edited by aliS; 17-10-2015 at 06:28.

what about getting some dental lab putty and making your own?

Dental Laboratory Metrodent Lab Putty | eBay

I do have a limbsaver butt pad with the correct shape to match the stock. I had planned to make a spacer and fit the resulting combination to get the LOP I wanted. However the Beartooth works so well I can't be bothered.

If you want it it's yours for 25 quid posted.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.308 View Post
    what about getting some dental lab putty and making your own?

Dental Laboratory Metrodent Lab Putty | eBay
    That stuff does look mighty handy, as mentioned I've already got the correct LOP with the same beartooth kit as John_R but now I just want the correct part to tie everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by John_R View Post
    I do have a limbsaver butt pad with the correct shape to match the stock. I had planned to make a spacer and fit the resulting combination to get the LOP I wanted. However the Beartooth works so well I can't be bothered.

If you want it it's yours for 25 quid posted.
    Thanks for the offer but I'll pass, I can be quiet picky and having the right pad/plate (as anal as it may seem) is the goal here.

I know some one mentioned above that an inertia operated shotgun doesn't have much recoil but my old Franchi hunter and the Auto 5 we had at work would beg to differ! It's the clever design and development of the new benellis that result in the low recoil - i.e. stock chevrons, rubber comb and recoil pad are all intergral to the M2. I think if you put a solid plastic stock on then ones opinions on recoil may change!
    Last edited by aliS; 17-10-2015 at 07:32. Reason: My spelling is atro.. atr o c h u s?

Got one now...

If anyone goes hunting for one on eBay, the key words are "Technogel 35mm"