Benelli M2 recoil pad

Caberhill

Would anyone know where I could purchase one of the longer/larger Benelli M2 recoil pads (i think it's number 3).

Thanks,

Ali

I had the same thoughts a few years ago when I got my own M2. The lack of availability, and the price of around 65 quid put me off! I found a Beartooth slip over pad, in black did the trick and is still on the gun now. Cost about 15 dollars, and there are a few people in the UK selling them from time to time.

i have a m2 comfortech. Why do you want a recoil pad? being an inertia powered semi auto it doesn't have much recoil. Why not use lower weight cartridges?

One problem with the Benelli, too short, and when I was trying to obtain the pad you're after I resorted to contacting a guy selling a gun on Guntrader to see if he would part with the pad separately (he had all three). I take it the pads are still on back order everywhere then ?

Would anyone know where I could purchase one of the longer/larger Benelli M2 recoil pads (i think it's number 3).

Thanks,

Ali[/QUOT

you can purchase one via any gun shop that has an account with GMK (it would have to be ordered in) they are over £80 though to buy new! You would be very lucky to find one second hand, I know as I have tried myself.

i have a m2 comfortech. Why do you want a recoil pad? being an inertia powered semi auto it doesn't have much recoil. Why not use lower weight cartridges?

To increase the LOP nick, every M2s butt plate is a recoil pad and there is three lengths 15(sic), 25 & 35mm. I feel 25 is too short and Like John_R I've been using a bear tooth slip on one for the past few years. But the time has coem where I think if I'm going to have the thing for a few more years I'd like something more permanent.

Thanks All

Last edited:
I do have a limbsaver butt pad with the correct shape to match the stock. I had planned to make a spacer and fit the resulting combination to get the LOP I wanted. However the Beartooth works so well I can't be bothered.

If you want it it's yours for 25 quid posted.

what about getting some dental lab putty and making your own?

Dental Laboratory Metrodent Lab Putty | eBay

That stuff does look mighty handy, as mentioned I've already got the correct LOP with the same beartooth kit as John_R but now I just want the correct part to tie everything in.

I do have a limbsaver butt pad with the correct shape to match the stock. I had planned to make a spacer and fit the resulting combination to get the LOP I wanted. However the Beartooth works so well I can't be bothered.

If you want it it's yours for 25 quid posted.

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass, I can be quiet picky and having the right pad/plate (as anal as it may seem) is the goal here.

I know some one mentioned above that an inertia operated shotgun doesn't have much recoil but my old Franchi hunter and the Auto 5 we had at work would beg to differ! It's the clever design and development of the new benellis that result in the low recoil - i.e. stock chevrons, rubber comb and recoil pad are all intergral to the M2. I think if you put a solid plastic stock on then ones opinions on recoil may change!

Last edited:
Back