Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Bore Guides for T3

Recommended Bore Guides for T3

Looking for one that seals using O-ring or similar, must be UK supply. Tried the shooting shed but they don't have any in stock. Any recommendations?

Try reloading solutions in kiddlington, I got mine for my sako and annies from there
    Rgds
    Craig

Shootingshed make very nice bore guides sure they do a t3

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    Try reloading solutions in kiddlington, I got mine for my sako and annies from there
    Rgds
    Craig
    Thanks Craig

will give them a try although all I could find on their website were brass bore guide inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Shootingshed make very nice bore guides sure they do a t3
    None in stock at the minute for my medium action T3

Quote Originally Posted by ChesterP View Post
    None in stock at the minute for my medium action T3
    Just in case others get the same message on David's website at Shooting Shed...found out these are made to order (7 - 10 day lead in) and he makes them himself. had a long chat with him, a really knowledgeable and useful chap to know and a pleasure to deal with. One ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesterP View Post
    Looking for one that seals using O-ring or similar, must be UK supply. Tried the shooting shed but they don't have any in stock. Any recommendations?
    I got mine (Stoney Point ULM) from the Sportsman Gun Centre for my Tikka M595 and M695 actions. The T3 uses the same diameter bolt raceway. This is the critical bit, so these bore guides are interchangeable in both actions.

The Tikka M65's use a different size action, so I had to get a different locking collar turned & made up for them. I don't know the position on the Tikka M55 as it was never made in a Lefthand action.

In mine there are 2 sizes of central tube . 22 to .25 (gold anodised) and .25 - 8mm (red anodised), so it's important to get the right one (if these are still made).

If they're not, then the Hoppes Universal Bore Guide from the Sportsman looks to be a close replacement. A cheap one-piece effort isn't a good idea, as all the parts need to be detachable if your cleaning patch rucks up and jams somewhere in the guide.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/category/Maintenance/Bore+Guides/
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Just ordered a custom made one from Shooting Shed. He's given the design a lot of thought. Made from Aluminium so wont damage the receiver or chamber, larger throat opening with well at entrance to avoid soaked patches squeezing out fluid onto the action, correct length entry nozzle for the T3 chamber and o-ring seal, plus long enough for the medium action. Job done. I already have an MTM guide but dont like using it....not a good fit on anything...much like a lot of universal type guides.

I ordered one from the shooting shed a few weeks ago. It arrived sooner than the quoted delivery. Looks beautifully finished and works well.

Alan

I have 3 bore guides from the Shooting Shed and they're fantastic. Well worth the money. I cringe at the thought of using a universal guide now!