Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we losing the PR war ?

Are we losing the PR war ?

With the killing of the lion ( I refuse to call it bloody Cecil ). I have noticed a real ramping up of anti hunting comments on social media every time a "news" outlet reports on a hunting story

of course they never say the reasons for the animal being shot , but the stories attract real venom from posters as well as threats of violence.to the hunter.

Are we losing the PR war ??

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    With the killing of the lion ( I refuse to call it bloody Cecil ). I have noticed a real ramping up of anti hunting comments on social media every time a "news" outlet reports on a hunting story

of course they never say the reasons for the animal being shot , but the stories attract real venom from posters as well as threats of violence.to the hunter.

Are we losing the PR war ??

Some of us are trying to inject common sense

Most wont put their heads above the parapit

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Some of us are trying to inject common sense

Most wont put their heads above the parapit
    To be fair. Whenever someone does speak up they are belittled /ridiculed or threatened , on the posts I have seen on Skynews facebook posts anyway

Afraid so,I recently ordered a Custom made Map from Ordnance survey For My stalking buddies birthday resent,it was a map of his first lease i put a photo of him with his firs Roe deer cull on it,OS cancelled the order and said it distasteful and innappropriate and didnt want to be associated with it. I forwarded the email and photo. which was of an ordinary plain cull beast,all legal and in line with cull plan etc, to BASC, BDS and CA. CA replied and said theat a national newspaper thought it was worth running with so they would be in touch(heard nothing now a month later). BASC said they would contact OS(not heard anything further yet).BDS didnt reply.

Have been looking for a reason to reduce my annual membership expenditures...

In response to your post,I cant see that we are ever going to improve on the PR front,unfortunately we need to get tin hats and lay low.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    To be fair. Whenever someone does speak up they are belittled /ridiculed or threatened , on the posts I have seen on Skynews facebook posts anyway

So what

Stand up be proud and above all remain calm, logical and civel

We need more people like robin page in the media or a famous face the batman to shut up the joker that is Brian may, we also need a body to speak for us not basc to agree we should lose more, the NRA in the states speaks and is heard.

With the rise of online surveys, particularly the UGov ones that must be debated in parliament if they get the pre-requisite number of votes, maintaining a low profile is probably doing us more harm than good. Unfortunately (see endless endless-debates in here) there isn't even a consus amongst ourselves as to what is 'fit for public' or not.

Look how local authorities and charities change their culling policies at a moments notice following a quick LACS media storm.

Killing is a part of life. It is nigh on impossible to live in the 21st century without indirectly killing things. Imagine the road-kill the supermarket distribution network generates each year for example!!
    So, the hypocrisy and the flaws in most antis arguments mean we could far more easily counter attack them than we do. But as generally well balanced individuals, we tend not to go on the offensive like the bunny hugging 'let's feel good about ourselves for five minutes' brigade.

I personally find most people are apathetic but are only an oven-ready-brace or haunch of muntjac away from being broadly on side

Quote Originally Posted by shakey jake View Post
    We need more people like robin page in the media or a famous face the batman to shut up the joker that is Brian may, we also need a body to speak for us not basc to agree we should lose more, the NRA in the states speaks and is heard.
    shakey for president, im with you pal

https://www.facebook.com/itvnews/pos...53306146542672

That me my name my face book link I am not ashamed about what I do. I take pride in the fact I can folow the link to what I eat all the way back to kiling it and gutting it

A lot of the responders are Tesco vegitarians in so far as they dont see the cow when they eat a celophane wraped steak

They are in denial about the slaughter process

Most have never been close to a cow but they are magnificent beasts as any one whos ever been to a country fair will atest

Whats hard about shooting an elephant they say? Big target?

They have no understanding of the hunt and tracking that went into getting the shot

I personaly would no more shoot an elephant than i would shoot my own foot. I have been offered Trophy bucks FOC in my club for services rendered and I have turned them down becuase I have no interest and feel they should go to somone who would apreciate it.

I have voiced openly at my club that we should sell the trophie bucks to finance a new chiller

That to me is logical

Raising 40,000 for the locals for shooting an old elephant also seems logical to me

ATB

Chasey
    Last edited by Chasey; 19-10-2015 at 06:40.

Note the number of comments saying the hunter should be shot himself !!!!