Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss rangefinder 8x26

Zeiss rangefinder 8x26

Hi has anyone used one of these models just looking a few opinions before a purchase thanks.

If its the 8x26 PRF you won't be disappointed, very good optics, easy to use and accurate, I've had mine a few years now and wouldn't be without it

As above..
    Really good optics, easy to use and provided readings were some other RF's couldn't.

ATB
    Alan

+1 as above same as both the other posts great rangefinder.

Regards Neil.
    Last edited by Nod-1; 18-10-2015 at 19:58.

Ok thanks guys that's good no bad reviews thinking of buying a set in the next wk or 2 cheers.

Just to echo what's been said I've had mine about 18months now and can't fault it, simple to use, accurate and it's handy to use the ballistic drop data that will (quite accurately) estimate the bullet drop at whatever distance you range, ideal for shots where holdover is needed rather than dialling in.

It's a great bit that can reach out a long way. I now have the Zeiss rangefinder binoculars to reduce the amount of kit I carry.

Novice

Can they be used as binoculars for spotting/glassing deer?

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Can they be used as binoculars for spotting/glassing deer?
    Yes but it's a pain to be squinting through one eye. Good quality image though but I'd not substitute it for my binoculars.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Yes but it's a pain to be squinting through one eye. Good quality image though but I'd not substitute it for my binoculars.
    Totally agree, i had a day out a few years and my stalker forgot his binnys - not a problem, he used mine and i used my rangefinder all day. Not nearly as good or stable as the binnys, but without this i would not have felt part of the day, and though not ideal it worked well. Mine is not a zeiss, it is a similar top brand and optically it was fine. I am sure the zeiss would be grand