keeping the midges off

I make my own, it's cheap, simply & really works. 4parts Johnsons baby oil, 1 part Dettol antiseptic mix together. Must be Johnsons & Dettol, cheap brands don't work.

skin so soft

i have used skin so soft for many years and it works for me, it was a good friend of mine who was serving in the royal marines, and he would use it, when on guard duty, at the submarine lochs in scotland. he swears by it and it was him that introduced me to it. but it as to be the right one its skin so soft dry skin oil :confused:

hairy marine

finnbear270 you have got it in one it kept them bloody nats away must of been the sweat and his :eek: tears

Re: Native Blood

dieseldan said:
Just to state i have native blood and the absolutely love me.

I have never seen midges so bad (or ticks) as i have in the last 2 years.

DEET is the only thing that affects them biting you nad obviously special clothing. I use both.

REPEL 100 or Life Systems 100 or similar. Some folk swear by SHOO and it was used by NATO until recently. Plus side on this is that the active ingredient is not carcinogenic like DEET. Was made in Dunoon Scotland and then the lab moved to Huntlybut they seem to have dropped the ball.
US armed forces using DEET and it was developed with them for the purpose.

If anyone knows where i can buy Shoo! let me know.

Shoo' was my weapon of choice too Dieseldan, but I haven't been able to get it for a few years now.

Had to be careful iwhen i used it fishing, I melted 2 different salmon fly lines and a reel handle took a bit of a melting with too much shoo!!

For a natural midgie repellent, and if you can source it, try some Bog Myrtle, rip it oot, give it a squeeze, break up the small leaves and rub on the hands and face and it does the trick for me.
Just finding it can be the hardship though.

Bring back shoo'!!

Rigboot

I just got a couple of Thermocells of american ebay for $60 all in with refills and holsters delivered. hope they work, this years should be well fecked after all the global warming we are having up here. I have 10" of snow out front sonce this morning

rowan trees never lie!!

Back