Thread: Wildfowling in & around Lancashire

Wildfowling in & around Lancashire

Having had my name down at Lytham for a while now with no success, does anyone know where there may be a club with a shorter waiting list? I dont mind travelling a little.

I'd like to get some experience of wildfowling before I'm too old if these waiting lists are anything to go by. I maybe only have about 30 years left!

Ive got waders, 2 steel proofed shotguns u/o and semi auto, rucksack, etc etc!! Just no membership for anywhere! Cant get my name down at Frodsham because I don't know anyone to sponsor me!

You could try the dee Wildfowlers.
    They are based on the dee estuary and shoot the marsh on the wirral side Burton and Heswall and bits on the Welsh side,oakenholt and near point of air. A great club with a good probationary system.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert 888 View Post
    You could try the dee Wildfowlers.
    They are based on the dee estuary and shoot the marsh on the wirral side Burton and Heswall and bits on the Welsh side,oakenholt and near point of air. A great club with a good probationary system.
    Ive considered that club before and the distance did put me off a little however with the waiting lists seemingly never shrinking at some clubs and others needing a proposer and a seconder to even put an application for in (which is tricky when you don't know anyone) it seems like a better one to apply for because the 50 up front fee must surely put a lot of people off applying.

The 50 upfront fee comes off your first years membership and you also get basc membership in the yearly pice. I used to live near Blackburn but now in North Wales, Blackburn to the dee is 1hour in good traffic.

Sad news! Dee Wildfowlers have closed the waiting list as have westmoreland and lytham... Its so tough to get a place or even an experience of it anywhere it seems.

basc have recently produced a booklet which includes details of wildfowling clubs.I am a member of preston & district wildfowlers and Morecombe bay wildfowlers association and can get guest tickets. Unfortunately most wildfowling clubs prefer an applicant who has sponsors but may not be a must for some clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by white View Post
    basc have recently produced a booklet which includes details of wildfowling clubs.I am a member of preston & district wildfowlers and Morecombe bay wildfowlers association and can get guest tickets. Unfortunately most wildfowling clubs prefer an applicant who has sponsors but may not be a must for some clubs.
    Id love a couple of guest tickets for myself and a pal sometime if there is anything available. Its nice to meet people who are like-minded and also helps with sponsors as you say because we don't know anyone involved in a fowling club.