Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primos 2-point gun-rest - any good?

Primos 2-point gun-rest - any good?

I'm thinking of getting one of these, but reviews online seem pretty mixed, with quite a few people saying they're a bit flimsy. I'd be interested to hear the views of anyone who's used them, or anything similar. At the moment I use quad sticks - I really like the stability, but turning them with the rifle resting on them is not a smooth operation, to say the least. That's why I like the idea of this rest, which seems to offer stability whilst also being able to turn and tilt smoothly. Any views/ thoughts on it gratefully received. Thanks.

Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Thanks for that, very useful!

I've got the tripod, well I did till it was stolen on Sunday, and find it great but easily damaged. I must have put something heavy on it in the van and bent one leg just enough for it not to drop under its own weight. Just ordered a replacement.

I also have one, they are OK but not as steady as quad sticks

Sorry to hear that JTO. Anyone use the 2-point gun rest on the tripod?

Its the 2 point gun rest that I have and as mentioned earlier its not as stable as quad sticks.

No doubt the quad stick are more stable. What accuracy do you need? Do want to chest shoot a deer at 200 yards in a few seconds on uneven ground, down hill? Do you want a fast follow up shot as the deer legs it? Then my money is with the primos sticks and the 2 point makes it stable enough for me to do that most days of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by pazmino View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, but reviews online seem pretty mixed, with quite a few people saying they're a bit flimsy. I'd be interested to hear the views of anyone who's used them, or anything similar. At the moment I use quad sticks - I really like the stability, but turning them with the rifle resting on them is not a smooth operation, to say the least. That's why I like the idea of this rest, which seems to offer stability whilst also being able to turn and tilt smoothly. Any views/ thoughts on it gratefully received. Thanks.
    I use quad sticks all the time, practice is the key! For me the usage of a stable platform far out weighs any time saved in turning around.

Personally I have took to them very well and not found a situation where I was hindered by them, mine being made from the garden cane material then I could just close them up like a set of single pair just resting on the front of the stock.

I zero off mine as that is what suites me, I doubt many people zero off a single pair...

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Only when sighting in their 416Rem Tim lol!