Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rem 700 trigger pull

rem 700 trigger pull

I have a remington 700 243 which I would like to lighten the trigger pull on it, can it be done or do I have to get a new trigger system.?

If you have a an X Mark Pro then this should help:

Otherwise if you can afford it then I'd buy a new trigger (circa 130). Spud has plenty to choose from and will help you make a choice based on the rifles intended use: Rifle Components | 1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - Part 3

I have replaced the trigger on both my Rem 700 VS' and it has made big difference to my shooting.

Best,

J
    Last edited by Biathlonjimmy; 20-10-2015 at 11:20.

I've a keplinger set trigger for a Rem 700 and a trigger unit from a Sendero.
    PM me if you are interested.

Hi rosco,
    I had my 'bog standard' trigger adjusted on my .222 and you couldn't wish for a better pull.
    Not much point in telling you where I had mine done as it might be the other end of UK to you as you don't give any indication in your avatar as to whereabouts in UK you are.
    If you were anywhere near me you could even pop round and I'd show you how it is done, it is so easy.

Thanks for the replys gents. Don't realy want to fork out for a new trigger system if I can help it, ile take it to my local gunshop (exeter)saturday and see if they can adjust it. What sort of weight should I be looking for, in my head I'm thinking 2lb but that could be still to heavy.

Follow the instructions or videos for the proper trigger in your Rem 700 and it will be fine, - very fine.
    My 700s all have the original old triggers, and I have adjusted them one time to just under 3 lbs, break like glass, no creep, and very safe - and never had to touch them again. The oldest one, a .30-06 is 48 years old.

So having just looked at my rifles trigger it seems that I have an x mark pro trigger, so ile sort that out easy enough now. Thanks again for replys.

Adjusted the trigger today, it was 4:1/2 lb and is now a touch over 3lv, it wouldnt go lighter than that but it's a greate improvement

Did you check if yours should have had the recall?

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    Adjusted the trigger today, it was 4:1/2 lb and is now a touch over 3lv, it wouldnt go lighter than that but it's a greate improvement
    Get a timiney or rifle basics unit. Swapped my mark X out as it wouldn't adjust. It's well worth it easy to adjust and you can always sell it on if you sell the rifle