Hunting stool - tripod

tramblygoat

Anybody got a recommendation for a decent tripod seat. I'm looking for one that won't sink into soft ground. I've kind of homed in on the camping type stools but maybe somebody knows a better version/make?
Regards, Mark

The metal lids off of jam jars and similar, placed under the feet of the stool, do the trick for me on peat.

Although a seat is good I find a small 25lt tub , small feeder type in a rucksack The best all your gear go's inside as a plus you get a none sinking seat and dry contents DIY a seat if you wish on the lid mine cost naff all from a keeper on the site, I have tried most of the seats and they 1, sink,2 won't sit in the place you wish to sit ! the only one I found is one that was made by the Essex hunter AKA (Tim.243) it fits any ditch or tree or truck wheel come to that .
:tiphat:

I used a tripod stool for decades however last year for x mas I got (well purchased myself) a Quake industries Stag shooting chair. It is brilliant, adjustable height it rotates and has a back rest. OK its not that light but if your pigeon shooting or a stake out for a fox then it just superb. Pigeon watch has a deal on them. Highly recommended.

D

In the southern USA, lots of dove hunters and deer hunters use tripod stools or folding stools.
A canvas tripod stool sells for $4.00 and is good on uneven ground.
A folding stool with a pouch is great for bird shooting, with a place for shotgun shells, lunch, dog treats, and birds.

Attachments

• Allen_Camo_Folding_Stool.jpg
    Allen_Camo_Folding_Stool.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Going off at a bit of a tangent, but I've had tripod stools, folding stools, rucksacks with folding stools attached, and found none of them to be 100% comfortable, and all to be a bit of a faff to carry.

I've now got what I consider a very good option with the Stubben rigid framed 27lt day pack that can be sat on. Not the cheapest of things, (ignore the retail price, it's much cheaper from online traders), but it's well made, comfortable to carry and sit on and you can access the pack through a front zip when sitting on it.

View attachment 62513

http://www.fjallraven.co.uk/stubben

Back