Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxidermist in Essex

Taxidermist in Essex

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could recommend a Taxidermist in Essex. Ideally I would like to hand deliver to them. I'm near Southend.

I have a Fox with nice markings on coat that I would like to get done. So any ideas on cost and recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

SD Regular
    Gary Knight is your man
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Gary Knight is your man

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    +1
    +1 - Great work.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Foxes

Andy Denson, for a top quality job. Here is one I did last year courtesy of Marv (20-250) of stalking directory. Many thanks Marv, great quality Foxes and donation made as requested. Bill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 009 (2).jpg   005 (4).JPG  
    Last edited by Bill Bartlett; 20-10-2015 at 18:56.

Beautiful work, Bill. Thank you very much for making a donation to charity as I asked. I have started feeding them again and will make some freezer space for more!
    Charlieboy-shooter, I'd have to say that posting a frozen fox to Bill is cheaper than you'd think. I have never read anything other than glowing reports of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bartlett View Post
    Andy Denson, for a top quality job. Here is one I did last year courtesy of Marv (20-250) of stalking directory. Many thanks Marv, great quality Foxes and donation made as requested. Bill.
    +1 for the work (Andy has done work for me and currently has my son's first roe buck for shoulder mounting) BUT he is based in Padiham in Lancashire....not quite Essex!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Gary is in Burnham on Crouch. Go look at his work and decide for yourself. Did a Sika Stag for me. Very impressed.
    So much to learn and so little time left

+ 1 for Gary Knight... Did an incredible CWD for me and a good roe for a friend... Also his birds are the best I've seen

Hello Merlin - you are quite correct Andy is in Padiham ( I was hunting in Africa with him back in May) and I believe Gary is a friend of his, but unless you have a top taxidermist on your doorstep, these days, it is in fact much cheaper and less time consuming to post to your taxidermist. Fuel costs and time in traffic often outweights postage costs. I am not looking for any work, by the way, just trying to steer charlieboy in the right decision.....