Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: photon xt problems ....again.

photon xt problems ....again.

Was out with the .22lr with the yukon photon xt...second one may i add as the first was junk..but to be fair scott country did replace the unit in march when i bought the first one...its only been used a hand full of times but last night i turn the unit it on and get nothing but green wavy lines buzzing around the screen...it done this maybe 3 - 4 times...working then not working etc.... Im a bit sick if having trouble with these units... Any one had any problems as above...should i just ask for refund... ? Cant be botherd using kit that is just crap...
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

My problem was it losing zero-I would zero in daylight, take out at night and then the zero would be out. Have taken it off rifle- now using more conventional methods(Lamp). I am going to try it one more time when I get round to swapping it back over, if no good will be taking it back.

Waiting on scott country to get back in touch with me. No reply yet..think i will ask for a refund.. second photon and still problems... garbage..
    and still growing.....

Quote Originally Posted by rph6.5 View Post
    My problem was it losing zero-I would zero in daylight, take out at night and then the zero would be out. Have taken it off rifle- now using more conventional methods(Lamp). I am going to try it one more time when I get round to swapping it back over, if no good will be taking it back.
    Me too, exactly the same. I could grow old trying to zero it. They are cheap compared to other offerings, but it seems for a reason. I've gone back to using a Zeiss Duralyt, which ain't bad at all in poor light and a lamp when it gets darker. They promise so much but really don't deliver. A pity as it's put me off night vision. I suppose you have to pay thousands to get any real performance.

I have the mk1 with a doubler fitted and a butler creek with a 35mm hole cut out on the front objective lense, this was after reading lots about issues with zeroing during the day and taking off the lense cap for night time and ir, I can see perfect during the day to zero and imho the image is great of a night , I have a t20 ir so I can see far further than I shoot( its on my HMR), however it just doesn't seem to keep zero, one day its spot on during the day , take it out that night and deadly on the rabbits , put it away and bring it out for nigh time shooting and tbo its 50/50 if its zeroed and don't always have chance to check zero, its soooo frustrating as I really like the image and what it offers, when its on I think its brilliant
    craig

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I had the 5x42 with the t20 and happy to report that mine was spot on,

I have moved on to the drone pro x5 and doubler and I'm so impressed I am looking at getting the new one after I sell on my Sako 20 tac and my current drone after the new one arrives the new x10 will not be colour but in black and white and that will be placed on the new 20 tactical tikka 595,

Loved the wee photon but the drone is a cracking bit of kit and there is no looking back now,

Bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 05-11-2015 at 20:39.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Scott country arranged the pick up of the faulty unit and it is now on its way to get looked over...I have seen much footage on you tube and all seem to be better image than I have ever had with both of the units i have used... is the latest larger model an improved version as they are having problems with the previous models ? ...

I cant complain about customer service from scott country and have always found them very good... but im loosing faith in the photon..
    and still growing.....

Unit has been tested and no fault to be found... but i have been assured if i experince the same problems scott country will replace the unit for me...

Such a refreshing change to have a company that cares for its customers ..well done..
    Maybe i should get that thermal scope now...
    and still growing.....

Im rather sick of these bloody photons....

Hello...

Well the photon arrived back today..sat 14.11.2015 I placed it back on the rifle...drove 60 miles to a shooting ground...i am now sitting in my vehicle it is 8.05 pm and the photon is showing the faults i reported to you .... what a complete waste of time..as you can understand i am rather angry
    I understand that @%@%@%@ tested it and reported no fault but how on earth can he not see it ??? If i had time i would come to your shop on monday 9.00AM and hand this rubbish back to you!.. My experience with yukon photons and my review is going to be 0-10.... both units have had faults...I would like a refund !!! Do you actually sell these ?...

Now I am about to drive the 60 miles home..and explain to the keeper why i am not able to control his fox problem...

thanks for that.
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 14-11-2015 at 21:27.
    and still growing.....

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Not good bud,

I feel for you

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube