barrel length 243 ???

Distinguished Member
Thinking of getting my 243 cut down (currently at 21.5") and screw cut what length would you advise minimum to go.

Many thanks
ATB
Dave

243 burns similar slow powders to the 270, I would not take too much more off. Take off an inch and live with it for a while.

Steve Kershaw did a fantastic job for me recently and recut my 260 with a 15x1 thread copying the Blaser spigot, effectively it moved the ASE JetZ another inch back along the barrel, helps the balance greatly.

Has it already been cut, the T3 normally comes with a 22 7/16", since they have been imported factory cut the standard barrel length is 20" I believe!

Careful cutting it too short or you "may" go under the deer limit with some ammo!

Just had it cut to 20" and screw cut by mike norris (one clever guy) he recommended 20" minumum!!!.

Just had it cut to 20" and screw cut by mike norris (one clever guy) he recommended 20" minumum!!!.

20" is the max you should go with the .243, choose your powder to suit if you load you own. Ive use Rel 22 and N560 out of a 20" Sako, both work well using 95g Nosler BTs.

Back