Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record shot

Record shot

Hi Guys,

What can I say to this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iban-kill.html

Do you think I could convince my FEO to get one on my ticket ? I think it might take more than the compulsory tea and biscuits to sway him

Well done Corporal Harrison

Rocky
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Did you read the comments? a certain "Dawson" it seems wants bad, naughty people to run around with their guns held above their heads to that they may be seen easily. Or better yet wear neon signs it's no wonder the world is in state with folks like that................................ Sheesh.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Ideal, the .338 Lapua is some piece of kit. Atleast they have bought something which is capable and good on the Battlefield instead of a "Quick Fix, Poundstretcher" bit of kit.

The lads I was with certinally liked them.

Well Done Fella!!!! Those 2 shots have saved countless Squaddies.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Way to go if he wants a whip round for more bullets I will start the bidding off

2 a Taliban casualty has got to be a bargain price, can I buy some please?
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Did you read the comments? a certain "Dawson" it seems wants bad, naughty people to run around with their guns held above their heads to that they may be seen easily. Or better yet wear neon signs it's no wonder the world is in state with folks like that................................ Sheesh.
    Idiot, clearly can't read, the machine gun was probably a bit of a giveaway

I'll buy him a magazine full, where do I send my tenner. Perhaps I will just send another tenner to H.4.H as a small tribute to the guys doing the good work on our behalf.

To publish such detail of the Soldier is tantamount to setting him up.
    There are many Taliban supporters living among us who are in regular contact with their brethren updating them daily.
    Even the large crowds at Funerals in Wootten Basset are giving the Taliban an Ego boost.
    The Media has a lot to answer for and, in my opinion, should be kept well away from the front.
    Having said that, well done that man and may he live a long and healthy life keeping up the good work

I was surprised at the detail, but well done, it does really go to show there is shooting and shooting, A4 paper, 1 inch centre at 100 yards, that doesn't shoot back or leave an IED behind, mmmm