Record shot

Did you read the comments? :rolleyes: a certain "Dawson" it seems wants bad, naughty people to run around with their guns held above their heads to that they may be seen easily. Or better yet wear neon signs :banghead: it's no wonder the world is in state with folks like that................................ Sheesh.

Ideal, the .338 Lapua is some piece of kit. Atleast they have bought something which is capable and good on the Battlefield instead of a "Quick Fix, Poundstretcher" bit of kit.

The lads I was with certinally liked them.

Well Done Fella!!!! Those 2 shots have saved countless Squaddies.

TJ

£2 a Taliban casualty has got to be a bargain price, can I buy some please?

Did you read the comments? :rolleyes: a certain "Dawson" it seems wants bad, naughty people to run around with their guns held above their heads to that they may be seen easily. Or better yet wear neon signs :banghead: it's no wonder the world is in state with folks like that................................ Sheesh.

Idiot, clearly can't read, the machine gun was probably a bit of a giveaway :doh:

I'll buy him a magazine full, where do I send my tenner. Perhaps I will just send another tenner to H.4.H as a small tribute to the guys doing the good work on our behalf.

To publish such detail of the Soldier is tantamount to setting him up.
There are many Taliban supporters living among us who are in regular contact with their brethren updating them daily.
Even the large crowds at Funerals in Wootten Basset are giving the Taliban an Ego boost.
The Media has a lot to answer for and, in my opinion, should be kept well away from the front.
Having said that, well done that man and may he live a long and healthy life keeping up the good work:D

I was surprised at the detail, but well done, it does really go to show there is shooting and shooting, A4 paper, 1 inch centre at 100 yards, that doesn't shoot back or leave an IED behind, mmmm

Great Shooting, but ridiculous to publicise it like that!!!:confused:
The mentality of these people astounds me sometimes!
To publish his name is bad enough, but a photo too!:eek:
Anyone is traceable these days via the internet. That poor fella may be basking in glory now, but all it has done is exposed himself and his family to the fanatical 'nutcase' fraternity who will be only too glad to seek revenge! That's how they work!!
The media should be held to account when they put peoples lives at risk!:mad:
Bloody ridiculous!
MS.

That is indeed an impressive shot/shots! Keep up the good work!!
Just a few interesting bits of data:
at 2800yds bullet is travelling at 635fps
at 2800yds bullet has 269ftlbs
at 2800yds bullet flight time is 8.17 secs
at 2800yds bullet drop is 249yds..

Based on a 300gn MK with a G1 BC travelling at 3000fps..

regards
griff

Taking nothing away from the lad

"at 2800yds bullet drop is 249yds.."

Exactly!

As the Canadian said " I dialled in all the elevation I had and then gave it some more on top for good measure". He took 2 or 3 shots to get on target with his #2 calling the hits so he could adjust.

I wonder how many this lad had before he got on the paper?

I agree full with MS. Allowing the media to publicises it they way they had and to the extent they have is very foolhardy indeed. You would have thought that the forces media bods would have thought that one through a bit better.

Unless a certain political party are desperate for some "good news" story, just before the election. Or is that just me being cynical?

I'll happily buy him another box of ammo.

MoD Smoke & Mirrors Dept going full bore as always. Given the contact apparently took place last November, I do wonder if this has been released just now to counter the stories that one of their snipers has hit 7 of our folk, including a 'sniper'? :(

Back