Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka bolt storage

Tikka bolt storage

Hi All,

I'm wondering how tikka owners store their bolts? Considering that cocking them by hand can be a bit of a pain if you don't have a screwdriver handy. Do you decock it or store it cocked?

Cheers.

I always decock my bolts, but that's just me
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Cocked and uncocked never worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by shrek1 View Post
    Cocked and uncocked never worry about.

+1

Do people really worry about uncocking their bolts when storeing them? strange

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Do people really worry about uncocking their bolts when storeing them? strange
    It obviously concerns some folk. FWIW I 'store' my Tikka bolt uncocked in the rifle by the simple expedient of closing the bolt on the empty chamber with the trigger depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    It obviously concerns some folk. FWIW I 'store' my Tikka bolt uncocked in the rifle by the simple expedient of closing the bolt on the empty chamber with the trigger depressed.
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but is storing the bolt in the rifle acceptable to your (our !) FEO ?

Quote Originally Posted by thorneyglatt View Post
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but is storing the bolt in the rifle acceptable to your (our !) FEO ?
    Why would it not be? No where does it say in law etc that it should be stored seperate. My FEO could tell me I should store my rifle wrapped in a silk blanket tied with a bow, doesn't mean I would.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Why would it not be? No where does it say in law etc that it should be stored seperate. My FEO could tell me I should store my rifle wrapped in a silk blanket tied with a bow, doesn't mean I would.
    Never take mine out either

Quote Originally Posted by thorneyglatt View Post
    I do not think it is a legal requirement to store bolts individually after all you cannot do it with lever action and falling block rifles.