Thread: laser sights

laser sights

Does anybody use laser sights - you see them in films - mostly of snipers or assassins with a red dot on the target. Watched the "hunters" on iPlayer this afternoon (on holiday and pissing wet so log fire and a film) and using such for poaching reindeer. Got me thinking.

You need to throw a lot of money at it to get an accurate, powerful and focussed long range laser - and even then, you'll still need to co-witness - lasers are for fast acquisition of target in reality - unless you're shooting bucks from the hip!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    You need to throw a lot of money at it to get an accurate, powerful and focussed long range laser - and even then, you'll still need to co-witness - lasers are for fast acquisition of target in reality - unless you're shooting bucks from the hip!
    Thats what I thought. Good in close quarters combat but not much more. Good in films as well

Get one on the combo for when the zombies come...

Very good on a CO2 powered tranquilising rifle that relies on manual pressure changes to be accurate. Set the dot to coincide with the crosshairs at, say 40m, and you can then make speedy adjustments depending on whether it's higher or lower without having to do a distance calculation and refer to a range/pressure chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Get one on the combo for when the zombies come...
    Agreed - a must have for the 'end of the world / sh!t hit the fan scenario'!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT