Thread: Leica asv turrets?

Leica asv turrets?

Anyone able to comment on the Leica asv turrets?

im in the market for a new scope and I like the Swarovski turrets as they can be adapted to give quick adjustments to known ranges. Is this also possible with the Leica turret of is it just a matter of counting clicks?

thanks for any practical info on the Leica asv

Its definitely possible to do it with the Asv turret, you by the additional rings and use their software, I have the Magnus Asv, incredible scope

Quote Originally Posted by Highbird70 View Post
    Its definitely possible to do it with the Asv turret, you by the additional rings and use their software, I have the Magnus Asv, incredible scope
    Thats interesting!
    you have to buy the rings separately (not included with the scope)?
    do you know where they are available from?

I've just ordered a Schmidt stratos 2.5-13x56 with bdc turrets. I chose Schmidt as they have a record for being tough.

I know nothing of the Leica set up but several companies do custom made turrets, you can either get them engraved or others will supply preprinted adhesive strip which is customised to you rifle/load.

One is based in California N La and for life of me cannot remember the company name. Not that expensive.

D

It came to me Kenton Industries

D

Leica EU rings

http://www.optics-trade.eu/us/leica-...-12-rings.html

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Thats interesting!
    you have to buy the rings separately (not included with the scope)?
    do you know where they are available from?

Anyone got any pictures of how these rings are marked up for ranges?
    The only pics I've seen seem to be marked 10, 20, 30 ( I'm planning on shooting further than 30m, lol)

Got the v8 its very good with the asv on both

I still think the best way about it is having a small drop chart stuck to the scope or stock and simple 1/4" or cm clicks on the turret. At least one can quickly swop the scope to a different rifle/cal or bullet weight and only needs a different drop chart. One also constantly optimises or tweaks drop charts.
    The Euro ASV's are only for those who have not understood the concept properly
    edi

I managed to get a couple of ASV rings free from Leica.....called and apparently they are available gratis now, although still in price list!?!?

The Geovid will give you a click value (number) anyway but happy with the paired system! Deal on 350 off at the moment for the Magnus scopes! Yay.