Thread: Lost my drag rope at Kellys in Devon i think

Lost my drag rope at Kellys in Devon i think

Bit of a long shot this one, i shot a red pricket last week, i thought i had left it in the field but went back today and it wasn't there, i remember using it to drag the red over the tail gate into my truck so i can only assume i left it at Kelly's the game dealer in Devon.
    They haven't seen it, just hoping it has been found by a fellow stalker and not fallen off my truck along the road.
    It's one like this Glenns Deer Handle | The Absolute Best Deer Drag Ever Made! i think if i don't get it back i will make one myself, i have had it for years and found it very useful.
    Cheers
    Richard

It's a water-ski handle in different packaging, fyi
    available in other brighter colours less easily lost!

If its any help they sell the exact same ones on ebay for 17.95 inc p&p, from a bloke in manchester. Put in "deer drag handle " I got one the other day and agree they are very good bits of kit.
    Hope this helps

Could cobble one up from a bit of alcathene pipe and some rope or paracord

Paul

Kellys have probably used it to replace the crappy strap on the carcass hoist!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstag View Post
    Kellys have probably used it to replace the crappy strap on the carcass hoist!
    I think replacing the strap is the least of their worries! When I took a 'largish' red in there a couple of weeks ago the handle fell off the winch! And I caught Gary looking enviously at the electric one in the back of my truck - I still had it when I left!

Thanks chaps.

Yes, i snapped the strap back in the spring with a big stag.
    So it was you who broke the handle Orion!
    But last week the scales were broken, had to man handle the red onto the other scales, bit of a struggle on your own.

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Could cobble one up from a bit of alcathene pipe and some rope or paracord

Paul
    I used a bit of old pipe i had left over and 2 bends, glued them on, inserted some used climbers rope and it works just as well as the one i lost

Cheers
    Richard

One of problems with winch strap is the roller guide at the top is at an angle resulting in strap bunching and twisting at one end of roller. After putting 2 hinds and a calf in last week and spending ages repeatedly unjamming strap i had had enough!