First Roe fawn for 2010

monynut

Was out with the other half Ladystalker yesterday (2nd May) and while we sitting in the motor having a coffee she noticed a beast had come out into the field about 400 yds away with a fawn in tow, we watched the wee thing running around the doe up and down the tram lines having a merry old time every now and then it would return to the doe for a suckle.
It was a good few days old so obviously born late april, lovely to see it made our day:D:D.

Nice to see the next generation on there way i took a picture of one last year on the 26th of april. But have not seen any my self this year.

I was assuming, like most things this year that they'd be late but saw my first roe kids (twins) on Weds morning, April 28

The earliest I have seen was 28th April a few years ago.
I saw a Roe Doe come out of a plantation and stand just over the fence, she saw me and jumped back but did not move far once inside.
I waited for a few minutes watching her and when I eventually went over to have a look, there was a new born Kid in a form just inside the fence line and another still steaming and wet a little bit further in.
I reckon she had just had them and was intending to move away to lure me but when I didn't move she went back in the plantation.
As soon as I realised what was happening I made myself scarce.
I checked the area the following day but they had been moved but later in the season I saw a Doe and twins quite often.
NickJ you typed quicker than I, that was a coincidence with the dates wasn't it.

Last edited:
Nice one Paul
seeing them suckling is defo is a grand sight
but letting the other half see and allowing her to get broody
uuuuuhhhhmmmm
:eek::eek::eek:
just pre-warn the others:lol::lol:

could not resist...sorry
now what happened to carrying a camera.....................:D

I was coming home from a night shift about 0700 hrs on Sunday 25th April this year and there was a doe and two young in a field by the side of the A1. That is the earliest that I have seen any.

Back