North Wales

rwade545

Hi from North Wales,

Previously I have mainly done clays/ game bird shooting. Have a .17hmr that I do some target and verim shooting with. Have an application in for .22-250 and .308 for target, vermin and stalking, have been visited by local firearms officer who sas to expect the paperwork to be through in next couple of weeks. Will be looking into doing some stalking once I have them.

Thanks

Welcome, Lots of stalkers in your immediate area,Pendle (Kevin), Leon (Mostly lurking on facebook):D, & just across the river Dee, a few of us in Cheshire/Merseyside, Steve.

I made a similar application initially, but ended up changing my 22-250 slot for a 243 after reading many opinions. Apologies if I've now turned your post into a bun fight, but I think it might be worth considering, depending on your situation.

I agree if stalking was my only plan a .243 would have been my choice. Had the chance of a lovely little used sako 75 .22-250 due to change of circumstances to someone else, so could not pass it up. As a lot of my shooting will be target a .308 is cheaper to feed and opens up certain target categories. I know it a bit much for most deer shooting but as a target rifle doubling up I feel it is a compromise I will take..... Until the second cabinet is fitted and I have done some saving up! Looking forward to getting out.

Finbear270, do you all meet up an any time? Would be nice to get chatting to some other shooters for advice and guidance. Cheers

Finbear270, do you all meet up an any time? Would be nice to get chatting to some other shooters for advice and guidance. Cheers
:D,Arranging Cheshire meets is like pulling teeth, but when a proper meet gets under way there are around twenty or so, usually the Hatton arms/Fishpool, & like venues, (only those with cask!);)

Back