Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackers in Berkshire wanted for finding missing/gone to ground(?) teckle

Trackers in Berkshire wanted for finding missing/gone to ground(?) teckle

Hi all,
    my teckle has disappeared, not his style being a sofa loving lad. He escaped(?) the garden with the other teckle morning of 22.10.15 Normally they just dig up the mouse bank on the other side of the gate but this time the female was spotted in the village and returned with a big tear in her side (guessing barbed wire, even though the cut was from floor to ceiling). The male was last seen heading charging across a neighbours paddock heading for home (across a country lane), yet he didn't arrive back. It's a big and upsetting mystery. The village have been out in force looking for him up and down the surrounding Downs near West Ilsley part of The Ridgeway (Berks/Oxon border). Gamekeepers have now installed infra red cameras, posters and social media are spreading the word. But I have to wonder if a) he was hit on the lane and went somewhere quiet to lick his wounds, b) got distracted and went off hunting and gotten disorientated c) has gone to ground. It is time for the professionals! My teckels attended a tracking course and so I know there are dogs that know how to track that aren't part of a hunting pack (such as local blood hounds), and I ask if anyone might be near enough to West Ilsley to challenge their dog with finding mine.
    Any help gratefully received.

Ah, god, I sympathise. My bold lad did a runner in Skye - got him at the vet in Broadford 9 hrs later, and then again in Argyll. Got him in the polis pound next morning - thanks be to god, but it is hellishly saddening. I wish I was closer, I'd be on the constant patrol to see if I could find him.
    Keep imagining a positive outcome and, may I say, surprisingly, get the word out on facebook. Its amazingly powerful although I hate it. My partner did the business the last time and a girl in Islay, miles away, saw another post and eventually we tracked the little toerag down.
    I'm supporting from afar.

I feel for you. I have three teckels. They are my life. I Truely hope you're reunited soon. Fingers crossed. Lay a coat with your scent on allowing them to scent you. It has huge positive impacts. They will scent before see. Make noises that they are use to. You'll be surprised to what they know that you don't. They'll be looking for you now bare that in mind, reminise your actions.

Fingers crossed!!

Hi Marnie,

i have returned your PM

hope pe the info helps

Tony

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Sparty fingers crossed and a help me find him poster/social media thing

fingers, arms, legs crossed. And your words are wise. I'm just back from twilight search/scent laying after a full days calling, prodding and staring at rabbit holes and the full moon will probably have me up for now the 4th night. There was a possible sighting after midnight on Friday of something like him (not a cat or muntjac) running from The Ridgeway to the farm behind the church here in West Ilsley. For the last couple of nights folk have insisted there has been midnight barking so I will be out exploring. Maybe he's turned into a werewolf! Everything that is going on is very unlike him. If he has been picked up I think this site might be a valuable tool to aiding a recovery and I want all tecklers to be aware of his disappearance. Gotta keep all networks going til the heart breaker is found. Thank you Weeman, your words of support are appreciated. Spread the word! am attaching a poster, Marn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPARTY POSTER.pdf  

Thank you Goathunter1, I am already astounded by the support on facebook and have learned the potential power of it. It reminded me that teckle lovers would be another good route to spread the word and this site is good for teckle lovers. Am attaching his 'missing' poster http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.ph...9#.Vi0cB7fhC70 maybe you could share it with your world for me? Or if it was easier you become my friend on facebook. I've not thought much of that site until today so have a daft name : Moonbeam Mahone, but do look me up to share the searching/finding power.
    Many many thanks for your kind words. Support has been astounding, such is the power of a teckle! :o) who should be home.

Thank you Tony, have pm'd the pm :o) hope it makes sense. And if Richard Evans is reading this, would he please contact me would love to see if we can organise something but can't find his contact details.

ttfn, Marn

Quote Originally Posted by Marnie M View Post
    Thank you Tony, have pm'd the pm :o) hope it makes sense. And if Richard Evans is reading this, would he please contact me would love to see if we can organise something but can't find his contact details.

ttfn, Marn
    his SD name is stone

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Hope that you find the wee beastie soon, I really feel for you in this situation. Regards sbm

thank you SBM, still on the case, spread the word! http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=93579

Have created a FIND SPARTACUS facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Finding-Spa...9351614415677/
    Am brand spanking new to all this yet networking seems to be amassing support and getting the word out and without that I stand a more diminished chance of him returning. Have resigned to the idea he may have been picked up, seems the most likely. Just hope he is safe and sound.
    Black and tan, wirehaired and very teckley.
    Last edited by Marnie M; 26-10-2015 at 12:07. Reason: wanted to add a bit more