Thread: Hello from Orion Forestry in Essex

Hello from Orion Forestry in Essex

UPDATE 30/10/15 We're now a trade Member, so I'm removing the gag. Here's the proper introduction;

Hello, we're Orionforestry.co.uk based in Essex.
    Looking to chat with people interested in using our winches and tools, plus hopefully find a few new customers. Orion Forestry are an approved UK retailer for Portable Winch and lots of other unique outdoor and forestry tools. Canadian manufactures Portable Winch make a range of very good quality capstan rope winches for outdoor work, ideal for pulling game and loading trailers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5469-Copier.JPG.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	511.8 KB 
ID:	62758 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_869.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	381.7 KB 
ID:	62759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_652.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	62760

The winches we sell are;
    • Petrol powered for use anywhere, and 4-stroke making them very fuel efficient and reliable.
    • Light enough to carry cross-country, 9.5kg (PCW3000) or 19kg (PCW5000), with backpack and storages box options.
    • Model PCW3000 designed for Moose hunting on foot in Canada, so powerful and very portable.
    • Use rope rather than cable, so no nasty kinks, whips, heavy or oily reels to deal with.
    • No duty cycle, so happy to pull a load 50m in a few minutes or continuously relay loads over hundreds of metres all day long.
    • Capstan winch, so one single moving drum. Designed with a sealed and maintenance free gearbox, matched to a not notch Honda engine.
    • Full range of ropes, accessories, choker chains and karabiners to suit your requirements.
    • Currently used for stalking and contract deer culls in Scotland, Wales and Cumbria

Please contact us for more details on 01279 813591, or visit www.orionforestry.co.uk for lots more information on our range of products

Kind regards, David

ps - thanks sikamalc for the grace period while I looked around the forum

Mindful of your trade advertising rules and having not yet arranged trade membership I'll keep this compliant.

I'm interested in chatting, advertising in the forum because we operate a small scale Forestry and Outdoor equipment retailer in Essex. One of our products is a lightweight petrol powered capstan rope winch designed in Canada for moose/elk hunting. I'll leave it at that for now.

Hope to get a bit more involved and answering questions soon as I've spoken to admins about Trade membership. Regards, David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails large_633-e1403350945993-300x189.jpg  
    Last edited by Orion Forestry; 30-10-2015 at 16:04.

Welcome, you may have a customer base in here, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Welcome, you may have a customer base in here, Steve.
    Thanks, I'll chat with the admins about a banner when we get some more Winches in stock from Canada. What time of year are people looking at making kit purchases do you think?

Recovery has been a topic on the site before ,so your phone may just start ringing, should you have good useful kit .Good luck from another Essex lad.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Forestry View Post
    Thanks, I'll chat with the admins about a banner when we get some more Winches in stock from Canada. What time of year are people looking at making kit purchases do you think?
    Better take out trade membership quick then!! At 10 per month its a small ask, and it is easily done. I will wait a bit longer but that's it.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

In case you don't know, just click on the "trade member" logo under Sikamalcs name and it takes you straight to the relevant page.

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    In case you don't know, just click on the "trade member" logo under Sikamalcs name and it takes you straight to the relevant page.
    Thanks. I'm back in the shop on Friday, and will take a three month trade membership in order to start a few threads and answer questions.
    Last post until Friday.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses