Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sourcing brass & dies in the USA

Sourcing brass & dies in the USA

Where's the "best" place (cheap and with known good service) to get brass and dies shipped to my cousin in America so he can bring them over to the UK for me?

He's in Franklin, TN but I don't even know whether you'd take into account geography for something like this.

I'm only after 100 cases and one set of dies.

Thanks
    Wood stabilising at packratwoods.uk
    UK knife chat at edgematters.uk

For standard brass MidwayUSA and Brownells/Sinclairs are about the two largest suppliers, there are dozens of once fired brass sellers depending on the calibre you're after. You should be aware even a US citizen needs an export license to bring brass cases out of the USA as they are on the ITAR list, no problem with bringing dies though.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    You should be aware even a US citizen needs an export license to bring brass cases out of the USA as they are on the ITAR list
    Holy crap, thanks for this, I had no idea and I don't think he did either. He certainly hasn't got one so looks like will have to think of a plan B.

What size cases are you after?
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

What size cases are you after?
    100x 6.5 Creedmoor + dies.

I reformed 200x RWS/Cineshot 308 cases into 6.5 Creedmoor to get me started until I can pick up some factory brass, I know Dave at Valkerie has some but he wouldn't sell them to anyone not buying a rifle.

The dies aren't a problem, I got my Lee 4 die Ultimate set shipped direct from Titan Reloading in the US, they got here in 6 days, a lot faster (and still cheaper) than the set I ordered from Hannams.

BrownellsUK had Hornady brass at 84.60/100 but now showing out of stock and the price has gone up, they do have Nosler but it's 167.40/100 !!!

I still haven't got the 6.5 creedmoor rifl, only 15 of the new Rugers came in instead of the 50 promised, the rest should be here shortly then off to proof, hopefully I'll have it in time for Xmas!.
    Last edited by phaedra; 27-10-2015 at 00:29.

Natchez Shooter's Supply. Chattanooga Tennessee.
    Top rate company. A friend of mine is the CEO.~Muir

Ammo, Optics, Bullets More | Natchez Shooters Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

Muir, I deal with Chattanooga and your right they are a great company but unfortunately don't export any components of ammunition.

I reformed 200x RWS/Cineshot 308 cases into 6.5 Creedmoor to get me started until I can pick up some factory brass, I know Dave at Valkerie has some but he wouldn't sell them to anyone not buying a rifle.

The dies aren't a problem, I got my Lee 4 die Ultimate set shipped direct from Titan Reloading in the US, they got here in 6 days, a lot faster (and still cheaper) than the set I ordered from Hannams.

BrownellsUK had Hornady brass at 84.60/100 but now showing out of stock and the price has gone up, they do have Nosler but it's 167.40/100 !!!

I still haven't got the 6.5 creedmoor rifl, only 15 of the new Rugers came in instead of the 50 promised, the rest should be here shortly then off to proof, hopefully I'll have it in time for Xmas!.
    I just missed them, I'm first in line for any cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Caseprep View Post
    Muir, I deal with Chattanooga and your right they are a great company but unfortunately don't export any components of ammunition.
    Cheers, that'd work for dies to my cousin for forwarding to me, but not the brass.

Natchez SS won't ship to end users in Tennessee

Try EA Brown E. Arthur Brown Company - Guns, Barrels, Shooting Accessories