Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Land Rover Disco Sport.

New Land Rover Disco Sport.

Has any one got one or had a test drive in one, if so, what are they like?

Are they a proper motor or just a poseurs car?

cjs

New Disco sport is a lovely piece of engineering, but not the tool for any serious Shooting/field sports. An awful lot of Money to be jumping in and out of with moody boots & kit. I myself will soon be knocking out really decent quality Defenders, such as this? Any feedback positive or otherwise much appreciated !! http://www.hilltop-heritage.co.uk/ep...tage_Defender1

Quote Originally Posted by greenhillstairs View Post
    New Disco sport is a lovely piece of engineering, but not the tool for any serious Shooting/field sports. An awful lot of Money to be jumping in and out of with moody boots & kit. I myself will soon be knocking out really decent quality Defenders, such as this? Any feedback positive or otherwise much appreciated !! http://www.hilltop-heritage.co.uk/ep...tage_Defender1
    Think Malc will be onto you shortly re. trade membership!

I wouldn't touch one of the new 2.2 or older 2.4 Defenders with a barge pole, too many engine and tranny problems, I'm not surprised they are going out of production!
    Before anyone says anything I've run Defenders for years, currently a 300tdi which is still going strong after 18 years, but the new ones are so unreliable its a joke.

SD Regular
    Had a Disco Sport as a courtesy car for a few days - and frankly was glad to hand it back. Little bigger than a Freelander, I see it as a further Chelsea Tractor 'choice' - like the Evoque.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Td5's only for me, its the only engine that was actually designed and built for the Defender!

I was a trade member for a wee while, didnt quite work out for me with the Antler chandaliers. This Defender is not advertised for sale, but hopefully others to follow. Was merely offering an opinion on the new Disco sport, and showing a potential more economical hopefully stylish but more pratical option!

Drove a pre production car last new year and liked it as a car and liked the spec, although they didn't have the option of adaptive cruise which was available on the Evoque. Basically, the lack of adaptive cruise and the bland rear three quarter styling put me off.

Yes, it isn't much bigger than the Freelander, which is no surprise as this is the vehicle it replaces. It has a better spec and good road manners, but is agricultural compared to the Range Rover styling on the Evoque. Then again, this is supposed to be in the utility vehicle range and not the luxury vehicle range.

regards

Mark
    Last edited by markyw; 27-10-2015 at 21:39. Reason: Autocorrect hell

Quote Originally Posted by greenhillstairs View Post

Sorry but definitely not my cup of tea, just can't be doing with these "blinged" LR's Destroyed a perfectly good motor

Puzzled by such a negative comment, one wonders are you just not another " bash the landrover bridgade" who likely never owned one.Many if not most the orginal key features such as heavy duty rubber mats, easy wipe roofling & interior retained, other areas such as the rear load area enhanced with aluminium plating for hard wear/easy cleaning, quality off road tyres & winch fitted?? Rock & tree sliders, sump & steering guards fitted, adustable towing hitch nd so on. But i tell you what i would be prepared to do, you obviously have a superior off road utility vehicle, should you vehicle go further and more capable off road then you can take mine, sell it for scrap do as you wish.