Driven hunts.

Boarboy

Seeing as the boar sections been a bit quiet and With the driven hunts just round the corner, I just wondered who's doing what this year?!

Hungary in December and January and 'standby' for Poland in November.
The November trip is dependant on how soon my wife has her Hip replaced and recovers enough to manage without me !

Dom, give my regards to Srecko when you see him in November. I intended to call in and see him earlier this year but didn't quite make it after visiting a few friends on the way ;)
I offered to do any errands for Frank while I was over there, he didn't take me up on my offer and it was just as well really as I met some old friends and spent more time with them than I intended to, celebrating and then getting over it before I was fit enough to drive !!

Last edited:
Long weekend trips to Portugal in Nov', and Dec', then the 19th Feb, to 1st March for the end of season crazy week :D

I do fancy somewhere like Poland, Hungary, or Romania in January, for a good old fashioned few days in the snow though !

I won't do Croatia anymore. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but the trips I've been on were really poor, in regards to number of boar seen, let alone shot. I'm wondering if these areas were over shot.

I've found Portugal is very different. Even though I've had days where I personally don't see, or get a shot, apart from the odd "bad" day, average number shot is circa 25-30 per day, best day I think was 63 boar. So at least I just had an unlucky peg on the day, but there are plenty of boar. That's hunting ;)

4 days in Romania in November and 2 weeks in Lithuania end of December ... can't wait, and all i have to pay for are the flights :smug:

So I have three weeks at the end of December/ January in Poland and the Czech rep and then when the season finishes here I go back over for another 2-3 weeks.
The joys of being retired.

I'd be interested to hear how both of these go. Are they run by an agent ? Have you Hunted there before ?

Mark.

I grew up in Romania, i have hunted in the Charpatians since i was 12 years old. No agents involved, just friends and family.
Also my partner she's Lithuanian and again only friends and family involved, no agents whatsoever, and we own a 150 acres woodland in there as well, so i can keep the cost to a minimum.
I wouldn't advise to book driven hunts in Romania via an agent, as the prices are crazy.

Ok, please can you adopt me

Portugal is a little like that for me, in as much as I have friends who hunt, and get me onto the local hunts. Embarrassingly cheap, and great people.

i am SOOO looking forward to getting back out there.

Our group of four off to the Pfalzerwald again, on the ninth for a weeks driven Boar, flying Easyjet this time due to the tunnel troubles, shooting the Winnie with 165 GMX's, leaving the .270 to sulk in the cabinet,:lol:.

Back