Thread: stalking Permission form

stalking Permission form

Hi, I have applied for my FAC and have verbal permission to shoot deer over the same ground on which I am part of a game/pheasant syndicate.

Recent comments on here have made me think that the Firearm Officer is going to ask for this in writing.

Does anyone have an example permission letter they can send me? I have the BASC template but it is pretty longwinded and I don't want to frighten my landlord off

If you have applied for your FAC with the intension of getting "DEER" on it, you cant of sent the relevant paperwork in correctly. Authorisation form from landowner by letter who has shooting rights or confirmation of booked stalk with outfitter required. (that's as it is here in Wales anyway) Download the correct forms from the internet.
    Last edited by Gaz; 27-10-2015 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    If you have applied for your FAC with the intension of getting "DEER" on it, you cant of sent the relevant paperwork in correctly. Authorisation form from landowner by letter who has shooting rights or confirmation of booked stalk with outfitter required. (that's as it is here in Wales anyway) Download the correct forms from the internet.
    I'm in Wales too, and didn't need this. Just wrote on FAC application form that I'd been stalking with a chap off the SD (no name mentioned) and was hoping to go again. That got me my variation for. 243 with deer.

I just need name and address and contact details of the landowner. The FLD never contacted them though.

Thanks for the replies and the PM's with templates.

Different areas seem to treat this differently. I have put the contact details of my permission landlord on my FAC application and also have evidence of booked stalking.

I didn't think I would need to do much more as the guy that was the FAO knows both me and the landowner well. Unfortunately he is no longer in post following the Police Scotland cuts. Just want to get every thing lines up to avoid further delays if written permission is asked for - wait for a new grant is around 6 months as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    I'm in Wales too, and didn't need this. Just wrote on FAC application form that I'd been stalking with a chap off the SD (no name mentioned) and was hoping to go again. That got me my variation for. 243 with deer.
    Lucky you then VSS. Difference in licensing dept, even in the same country. Dyfed Powys must be one of the worst to deal with. You may of got your .243 for fox if living here but you would be one of the first to get "deer" on your ticket without what I mentioned in previous post.