Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of some factory ammo

Cost of some factory ammo

I fancied trying some 6.5x55 ammo and researched the Norma 140gr nosla partition as possible candidate .
    my gunshop just informed me 65- 20 wowsers a bit steep is this correct
    cheers
    norma

I've booked some 128gr RWS see how they shape up .
    Norma

Know the feeling with Norma Partition....got "stung" 46.50 a box recently!

Now trying the Privi 139gr soft points at 23 a box! Watch this space!

Having said that the Norma 140gr Partitions have accounted for two nice sika stags which didn't get very far!

You got stung twice then
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post
    Know the feeling with Norma Partition....got "stung" 46.50 a box recently!

Now trying the Privi 139gr soft points at 23 a box! Watch this space!

Having said that the Norma 140gr Partitions have accounted for two nice sika stags which didn't get very far!

Privi at more than Pound a bang?!

Didn't think be long before they hiked it up , it's ok for hunting ammo and ranges but I find it bit hard doesn't expand as well as other factory ammo and few more runners.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by african jack View Post
    You got stung twice then
    Jack.....This is Doorrrzet not Yorkie-land.....The Soft South, where beer is 4.50 a pint and a curry sets you back 30 a head.....

Anyway we normally send our butlers to collect the ammunition....

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I fancied trying some 6.5x55 ammo and researched the Norma 140gr nosla partition as possible candidate .
    my gunshop just informed me 65- 20 wowsers a bit steep is this correct
    cheers
    norma
    I pay 50 a box for Norma Vulkans 156gn in 6.5x55... fantastic ammunition.. I could probably get something cheaper that worked as well but when you consider I may only squeeze the trigger, in hunger, at a cost of 2.50 each bang a couple of times a month... A fiver is hardly worth crying about!!

I know my rifle loves them, and they are as accurate as anything I have ever developed myself and when I think how much I have spent on load development over the last 5 years, 50 a box for my reliable, accurate, top shelf hunting ammunition seems like a billy bargain!!!

The other plus of course is that Norma brass is as good if not better than Lapua and so from a reloading point of view for the target and practice side of things, deduct the value of the brass and the cost starts to look far more competitive!

Happy to pay 48 but not 65 a box I like the Vulcans so why more for the noslar tipped 140 gr
    Norma

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post
    Jack.....This is Doorrrzet not Yorkie-land.....The Soft South, where beer is 4.50 a pint and a curry sets you back 30 a head.....

Anyway we normally send our butlers to collect the ammunition....
    Wow. I bought 200 PPU 150g .308 rounds last year from a dealer and it cost me around 14 a box of 20. Luckily my ZKK 601 loves them. Even buying them in individual boxes was around the same and that's up here in expensive Aberdeen!

I know its a little off topic from the OP but do the manufacturers claim these more expensive bullets make animals more dead?! Has anyone any experience of cheap vs expensive ammo and the benefit of either?