Summer is officially here

Emdoc

Heard my first Cuckoo of the year Saturday 1st May at 10.20AM. A bit late but never mind.:lol:

At least one has managed to get past the Mediterranean types twice to go down to Africa and back. A feat in its own right.

So summers is officially here !:cool:

Then it rained most of Sunday. Bloody typical!

Have you heard one yet? When do you normally hear the first cuckoo of the year?

I heard mine on the 24th April. We always ring round the family when we hear the first one. I have an uncle who lives in Dorset who hears them first, every year. Bless him ;)

ft

Heard one on Saturday in West Sussex, first of the year. Mind you Sunday it rained and rained and blew like the devil, not very good for spotting Roe Bucks.

Haven't heard a cuckoo yet but all the gates are being left open in the deer park and the bushes are adorned with little bags of dog shite so it must be summer! JC

We have been covered with Swallows for about ten days now. They were four or five days later than normal this year.

Have not heard a Cuckoo for the past 5 or 6 years here in NI.

About 3-4 weeks since I heard the first cuckoo here in West Berks (but I'd have to check my game log to be sure). One flew over my heard calling last night - don't often see them.

21st of April for me . I didn't hear at first as I was talking to much as usual , my mate did that was on Hants/wilts Border

Heard swifts on Tues 4th May and saw some in Taunton Weds afternoon, so summer is here, mind you bitter NE wind does not herrald a good start.

D

Hadn't been out on the shoot for nearly a month and went out on the 4th of May. Heard a cuckoo then. As for swallows, one flew into the office this morning, turned round and flew out again. We were all just saying "'kin'ell, what's the chances of that?" when it flew in again and did a coulpe of laps before flying out again.

not heard a cuckoo yet this year but i did see plenty of sand martins on the 22nd of march at blithfield resovoir and it was cold and blowing like mad.

Back