Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: BASC DMQ Level 2

  1. #1

    BASC DMQ Level 2

    Do you have to be a basc member to do the dmq with them, or is it just preferred?

    Novice

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Have a read of DMQ - FAQ about DSC1 amp DSC2 Regards JCS
    I'm sure that may be useful to the OP, but doesn't actually answer his question.

    The BASC DSC2 registration form contains a box for your BASC membership number right at the top, and I'm pretty sure you have to be a BASC member to do your DSC1 with BASC, so I think it's a fairly safe bet you have to be a member to do your DSC2 through them too. But I'm not certain.

    There are plenty of other providers, obviously.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothunter View Post
    I'm sure that may be useful to the OP, but doesn't actually answer his question.

    The BASC DSC2 registration form contains a box for your BASC membership number right at the top, and I'm pretty sure you have to be a BASC member to do your DSC1 with BASC, so I think it's a fairly safe bet you have to be a member to do your DSC2 through them too. But I'm not certain.

    There are plenty of other providers, obviously.
    I agree that the FAQ responses are not crystal clear. I suggest Novice contacts DMQ - Setting the standard for wild deer management and asks DMQ his question. Regards JCS

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I agree that the FAQ responses are not crystal clear. I suggest Novice contacts DMQ - Setting the standard for wild deer management and asks DMQ his question. Regards JCS
    His question is nothing to do with DMQ. It's about BASC. He says he wants to do his DSC2 with BASC and wants to know if he needs to be a BASC member to do that.

    He's not asking a general question about the whole system (DMQ); he's asking a specific question about doing his DSC2 through BASC.

  6. #6
    I'd phone basc and ask them as I'd imagine they're the ones for a definite answer !! Life is so simple when you think logically !!!!
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    I'd phone basc and ask them as I'd imagine they're the ones for a definite answer !! Life is so simple when you think logically !!!!
    Lol if life was so simple as just phone people up and you'll get a definite answer.

    (Though hopefully so in this case; I find the BASC deer people to be very good).

  8. #8
    I don't know any of th eparticulars in this case, but usually these courses are open to all, but BASC members get first dibs and a discount. As previously stated, ring them up.

    David.

  9. #9
    In a nut shell no!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Do you have to be a basc member to do the dmq with them, or is it just preferred?

    Novice
    best to join and get the indemnity insurance IMHO

    Then you get a discounted rate for DSC2

    I am starting my one on Monday 9th with Andy Papworth

    BASC send you a big list of approved witnesses and give you contact details for a mentor from BSAC


    ATB

    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. Available Dmq level 2
    By joephilp in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-07-2013, 16:07
  2. Available DMQ level 2
    By joephilp in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 12:18
  3. Available Dmq level 2
    By joephilp in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 21:58
  4. DMQ Level 2
    By Sako 75 243 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-07-2009, 16:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •