Thread: Harkila gaiters

Harkila gaiters

Need to get my wife a decent pair of gaiters as she prefers to wear her boots when out shooting with me. Are the harkila waterproof? Or shall I go straight for black isle which Iknow are superb but I am not to keen on the price.

Look at the Fortis clothing (was Country Covers) gaitors- really good strong gaitors and not expensive. Come in 2 sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Need to get my wife a decent pair of gaiters as she prefers to wear her boots when out shooting with me. Are the harkila waterproof? Or shall I go straight for black isle which Iknow are superb but I am not to keen on the price.
    John,

I've got a pair of Harkila gaiters here Carol can have - I hate wearing them. I could never be a fetishist because by the time I've fiddled around with multiple zips, toggles and clips, I've lost interest...

I have to go to a meeting in Shrewsbury next week, so I could even hand deliver them!

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    John,

I've got a pair of Harkila gaiters here Carol can have - I hate wearing them. I could never be a fetishist because by the time I've fiddled around with multiple zips, toggles and clips, I've lost interest...

I have to go to a meeting in Shrewsbury next week, so I could even hand deliver them!

A.
    Thanks Adam that's great, what day is your meeting so I can make sure I am here.

I'll give you a ring tomorrow morning. I think I'm coming up on the 9th but I should know for definite tomorrow.

Not sure what you mean about waterproof Gaiters.
    Quick Heads up: Gaiters are designed to enclose the bottom of your trousers and the top of yours boots from the worst the mud and general flora riding up the boot and trouser hem can do and act as a barrier to prevent caking on both, the gaiters take the caking, not your trousers or boot tops
    Caking is where mud etc compact to become a hard crust on the surface.

When we walk our legs pass very closely to each other, this can cause a lifting effect so loose soil etc will roll up the inner face of the ankle and become encrusted on the sides of your boots caking each side with mud and this will also be on the lower part of your trousers.

Gaiters create a barrier and catch all this and they are easily washed down, rather than your boots or trousers.

Andrew
    Rugged & Tough
    Rugged & Tough's Work & Country Clothing Store
    Last edited by Rugged & Tough; 29-10-2015 at 21:57.