Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harmful a pro hunter trouser tab

Harmful a pro hunter trouser tab

I have had a few pairs of these excellent trousers. On the inside front of the bottom hem there is a tab with a button hole. Clearly it's intended to strap bottom of trouser to boot in some way and with adjustable strap sewn into hem operate as a kind of gaitor. But short of cable tieing it to laces or using paper clip to connect it to bottom loop of laces on boot I have never figured out how it's supposed to work. Anyone out there know the trick?
    Sh1kar

Harkila!!! Flipping pred text

I dont know the answer but i suspect it invloves a pair of HARKILA boots......

Really good question, I too am intrigued!.

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    I dont know the answer but i suspect it invloves a pair of HARKILA boots......
    And as they are rubbish I'll never know then!

It does involve boots. Many boots have a hook on the tongue and this is used to do exactly that. Many Gaiters have the same hook to hook onto the laces.

The tape around the bottom of the trousers is used to pull the trouser bottoms in tight if you are on boggy ground or snow etc to stop the worst getting up inside your legs

Andrew
    Rugged & Tough

sh1kar. We get very few boots back as we have a 4000 sqft store and listen to our customers who ask for specific boots, we ask a few questions and then find a selection of boots to meet their needs.

Our mail order customers often phone us for advise before buying and we can offer the best boot.

Jack Pyke, Meidl, Aigle Harkila etc etc. All created for a purpose.

It is out job to get you the right boot. Example: Harkila Big Game boots are for the Savannah, Safari, High energy hunting, not for Stalking in the Highlands. The most common problem we encounter is when the reseller has not offered the right advise to the customer for the type boot required.

Andrew
    Rugged & Tough

I'm wearing mine just now - turn the hem up at the front and you'll see the tab that you can attach to your boot loop - then tighten.

Most boots have the metal lace tang
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I have a pair of Fjallraven trousers that have a metal loop in the hem for just that purpose..like the kind you have on boots that are not an eye but open.

when I read the title I was thinking "I know exactly what he is on about!"

this loop on mine when trousers are put on over bare feet can hook under the nail of a toe and cause excruciating pain as you rip your own toenail off!!
    Fecking harmful!

socks on first now!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    .....this loop on mine when trousers are put on over bare feet can hook under the nail of a toe and cause excruciating pain as you rip your own toenail off!!
    Fecking harmful!

socks on first now!
    OUCH!!!!!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT