Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praise for Sportsman Gun Centre.

Praise for Sportsman Gun Centre.

I've read a few reports over the years about poor service from The Sportsman Gun Centre so I have decided that I ought to write a post regarding the extremelu good and fast service I have just had from them
    I was after a magazine for a Steyr Mannlicher model M in .270 calibre. The rifle is in very nice condition and is being gifted to me but is without it's magazine for some reason. I checked on the Iinternet for Steyr Mannlicher UK dealers and found that The Sportsmans Gun Centre was a main dealer for Steyr Mannlichers.
    I phoned them yesterday (Wednesday) at about 10.30 and asked if they could get me a new magazine for the rifle and the lad I spoke to (Kieran) said that he could get one for me but they would have to order it from Austria. However if I was willing to settle for a pre-owned one (Which I was) they had one in stock which I could have for just 24.99 plus 6.00 postage. This sounded a very reasonable price so I ordered it and payed by debit card there and then.
    At about 2:30 this afternoon (Thursday) the door bell rang. When I answered the door it was a courier with a well wrapped parcel for me containing the magazine I ordered no more that 28 hours after placing the order for it.
    I believe in giving credit where credit is due and this to me deserves a mention and a big thank you to The Sportsman Gun Centre for the great service they gave me, especially as they could have just ordered a brand new one for me which would have cost over twice the amount with heaven knows how long a wait for it.
    Let's hope that service like this from all gun shops becomes more common!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I've read a few reports over the years about poor service from The Sportsman Gun Centre so I have decided that I ought to write a post regarding the extremelu good and fast service I have just had from them
    I was after a magazine for a Steyr Mannlicher model M in .270 calibre. The rifle is in very nice condition and is being gifted to me but is without it's magazine for some reason. I checked on the Iinternet for Steyr Mannlicher UK dealers and found that The Sportsmans Gun Centre was a main dealer for Steyr Mannlichers.
    I phoned them yesterday (Wednesday) at about 10.30 and asked if they could get me a new magazine for the rifle and the lad I spoke to (Kieran) said that he could get one for me but they would have to order it from Austria. However if I was willing to settle for a pre-owned one (Which I was) they had one in stock which I could have for just 24.99 plus 6.00 postage. This sounded a very reasonable price so I ordered it and payed by debit card there and then.
    At about 2:30 this afternoon (Thursday) the door bell rang. When I answered the door it was a courier with a well wrapped parcel for me containing the magazine I ordered no more that 28 hours after placing the order for it.
    I believe in giving credit where credit is due and this to me deserves a mention and a big thank you to The Sportsman Gun Centre for the great service they gave me, especially as they could have just ordered a brand new one for me which would have cost over twice the amount with heaven knows how long a wait for it.
    Let's hope that service like this from all gun shops becomes more common!
    +1

I Have used Sportsmans for many years buying many items and have always recieved an excellent service

I have to admit to not being their greatest supporter, but as i was in the area i dropped in to kill a few minutes.
    There were more staff than normal (Exeter), and the ammo shelf was very well stocked to say the least.
    I ordered something i had found expensive to source elsewhere, and they were very helpful.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I have to admit to not being their greatest supporter, but as i was in the area i dropped in to kill a few minutes.
    There were more staff than normal (Exeter), and the ammo shelf was very well stocked to say the least.
    I ordered something i had found expensive to source elsewhere, and they were very helpful.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Avoid a Saturday at all costs it's extremely busy hence why I prefer a mid week visit. Stuart is the best person to deal with, if he is busy I will wait until he is finished. If I could change one thing about that shop, I would remove all the wireless phones from the retail staff as it gets in the way of good customer service. They are forever being hounded on the phone... every 2 or 3 minutes, which is ridiculous when they are in the middle of selling a gun.

I must say the last time I went in called into the Exeter branch they were very helpful and I had a very good on some Le Chameaus. I wish they would have a late night opening as it would be v handy on my late afternoon trips down to Devon.

D

My personal experience was not great, I was pretty much ignored and staff kept serving male customers who had arrived after me. Their loss tho, as I went on to buy 4 rifles from a different store where I recieved excellent service from the start

I've had a absolute nightmare with some mounts with, a mistake there end 3 times took almost 2 weeks to get sorted. I got the impression staff had to much work on. But dissipointed that they did not try to compensate for the mistakes. This was online I've never had a problem in store.

I'm glad to see that they can please some folk some of the time. I personally have had no joy with them when trying to get things. Always seem to be out of stock, even though they are still on their web site

I've bought a couple of things from them over the last year (a shotgun and a scope) and have found their service and delivery to be A1, and I also think their prices are pretty reasonable as well.

I was also impressed that when I ordered my shotgun from them they had one in stock but didnt send it to me as it had a scratch on the stock, instead they called me back and told me they had ordered a new one in and sent that a couple of days later.