Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaser R8 Carry Case - 2 x Barrels & Scopes

Blaser R8 Carry Case - 2 x Barrels & Scopes

Looking for a carry case for a R8 P/S

To conveniently carry all bits and bobs for 2 x barrels standard, 2 x mounts, 2 x scopes and a moderator.

Still looking around.....

Quote Originally Posted by lambic View Post
    Looking for a carry case for a R8 P/S

To conveniently carry all bits and bobs for 2 x barrels standard, 2 x mounts, 2 x scopes and a moderator.
    Get yourself a Peli Storm iM3100 and cut the foam yourself... perfect for an R8

Have a look on Swillingtons website, they do Blaser cases,
    atb
    Crumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Get yourself a Peli Storm iM3100 and cut the foam yourself... perfect for an R8

How do you cut the foam?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    How do you cut the foam?
    Some folk will come up with allsorts of electrical cutters but I used a thin bladed knife to cut mine.
    I got my rubber foam from a firm called E Foam at a very cheap price.
    Ordered three sheets, one for the bottom, one for the top and one for the middle.
    I marked out what I wanted cutting on the middle sheet and just cut straight through with a sharp knife.
    That bit then just lays on the bottom piece.
    Oh just realised, I am talking about foam for a Peli.

The iM 3100 does look like a nice bit of kit, apart from the foam cutting aspect.

Has anybody compared it with the Blaser Type C case...? The euro exchange rate is pretty good at the moment, but works computer has blocked the Blaser website so I cannot find out the cost direct from the Fatherland.

Best price I have found for the im3100 is 227 quid. British retail price of the Blaser Type C seems to be around 275 quid.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lambic View Post
    The iM 3100 does look like a nice bit of kit, apart from the foam cutting aspect.

Has anybody compared it with the Blaser Type C case...? The euro exchange rate is pretty good at the moment, but works computer has blocked the Blaser website so I cannot find out the cost direct from the Fatherland.

Best price I have found for the im3100 is 227 quid. British retail price of the Blaser Type C seems to be around 275 quid.

Cheers
    There's no comparison.. the blaser case is more akin to the free case my beretta shotgun came in, the im3100 is airline proof!!! Looks pretty but that's about it

I use a hot wire to cut my foam.. easy to make but I bought one off ebay for about 15... makes it very neat and incredibly fast... If you cover the shipping I will more than happily let you borrow mine, you just need a 12v battery to make it hot! Probably as cheap to buy your own though..

~
    There are companies who will cnc machine an interior for you too if you want it to look the mutts
    Last edited by Vipa; 23-11-2015 at 08:28.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5518.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	63676
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    How do you cut the foam?
    i use an electric carving knife, some people have constructed heated wire cutters.

the carving knife was perfect IMO.

this is my setting out. i will get a photo of the finished one tonight.
    Last edited by artschool; 23-11-2015 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    There's no comparison.. the blaser case is more akin to the free case my beretta shotgun came in, the im3100 is airline proof!!! Looks pretty but that's about it

I use a hot wire to cut my foam.. easy to make but I bought one off ebay for about 15... makes it very neat and incredibly fast... If you cover the shipping I will more than happily let you borrow mine, you just need a 12v battery to make it hot! Probably as cheap to buy your own though..

~
    There are companies who will cnc machine an interior for you too if you want it to look the mutts
    Thanks for the advice Vipa.

I have prior experience of trimming foam for a knife case and it did not go well.

Any ideas on the likely cost of CNC interior ? Any links.

Thanks