Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal plastic ammo clips

Federal plastic ammo clips

I have found a use for the plastic Federal 10 round holders as supplied it their boxed ammunition. I threw out most of the ones I had some time ago, which seemed like a good idea at the time.... I am after 2 sizes: small to fit 222, 223 and the like, and large that fits 308, 243, 6.5x55 7x57 or similar. Do any of you good folks have any you'd like to dispose of?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2318[1].JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	62754

Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    I have found a use for the plastic Federal 10 round holders as supplied it their boxed ammunition. I threw out most of the ones I had some time ago, which seemed like a good idea at the time.... I am after 2 sizes: small to fit 222, 223 and the like, and large that fits 308, 243, 6.5x55 7x57 or similar. Do any of you good folks have any you'd like to dispose of?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2318[1].JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	62754
    What's the secret then........ what use have you found for them???
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Just binned a massive box of them I will have a look if there is anymore about

I'll have a check as probably have a few, if it had been a week ago I could have got a whole box full!

binned a sack full when I built the cave bigger may still have some i'll have a look so what is the new use for them

Typical! everyone else has thrown them out too! But if you do come across any I'd be grateful.
    As to the use, on re-reading my original post, it does look a bit cryptic - no secret though, it's for holding.... ammunition again. But not in the original cardboard boxes as they don't last very long. I've found one that takes up less space than the current MTM ones in my rather limited secure storage space and I think these would fit it just right.

I may have some lying around, ill go check.

Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    Typical! everyone else has thrown them out too! But if you do come across any I'd be grateful.
    As to the use, on re-reading my original post, it does look a bit cryptic - no secret though, it's for holding.... ammunition again. But not in the original cardboard boxes as they don't last very long. I've found one that takes up less space than the current MTM ones in my rather limited secure storage space and I think these would fit it just right.

The Norma holders are far better imho, and you can break them in half , holding only 5 rounds is you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    The Norma holders are far better imho, and you can break them in half , holding only 5 rounds is you wish.
    I've never used factory Norma, so I've never seen them. Are they like the Lapua ones, moulded in 1 piece but folded over?