Thread: Jager SA build

Jager SA build

I had commissioned james at Jager SA to rebarrel a rather special build.
    In the past I have had a Sako 75 rebarrelled, and my friend had wonderful results with his Remington 308 build, all done by James.
    On to this build. I owned a rifle which was made using the best materials and craftsmen in the UK guntrade - Russel Gall and his action -a very rare treat, Gary Cane and his laminate stocks, and of course a border barrel.

James produced his usual gunplumbingmanship in the supplying of the barrel, chambering and threading, in the modern champion, 6.5x47L.

Border barrel with a 1-8 twist, chamber cut for the 120 - 130gr bullets - all that is needed for me as a "one gun does all"

Having owned a 6.5x47 cut with the exact same reamer previously, I had a good idea of loads as a ballpark to work from. Needless to say, as I ran the barrel in using a previous accurate load that wasn't hot, it cleaned up pretty quickly. A few more shots to gauge where the maximum load permitted, a "proper" accuracy load was then found.

All I can say is thanks James, this one's a shooter! I will post up a target over the weekend but so far sub 2 ' s! Perfect for those hillside shots...it will give confidence where it counts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rg 6.5x47.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	62777
    Last edited by dropmdead; 30-10-2015 at 23:37.

Hope it ticks all your boxes. Looks well put together and a nice handy rifle.

Looks a tool and a half there mate, thinking about getting a rebarrel done next year, only ever here good things from James.

Quote Originally Posted by dropmdead View Post
    I had commissioned james at Jager SA to rebarrel a rather special build.
    In the past I have had a Sako 75 rebarrelled, and my friend had wonderful results with his Remington 308 build, all done by James.
    On to this build. I owned a rifle which was made using the best materials and craftsmen in the UK guntrade - Russel Gall and his action -a very rare treat, Gary Cane and his laminate stocks, and of course a border barrel.

James produced his usual gunplumbingmanship in the supplying of the barrel, chambering and threading, in the modern champion, 6.5x47L.

Border barrel with a 1-8 twist, chamber cut for the 120 - 130gr bullets - all that is needed for me as a "one gun does all"

Having owned a 6.5x47 cut with the exact same reamer previously, I had a good idea of loads as a ballpark to work from. Needless to say, as I ran the barrel in using a previous accurate load that wasn't hot, it cleaned up pretty quickly. A few more shots to gauge where the maximum load permitted, a "proper" accuracy load was then found.

All I can say is thanks James, this one's a shooter! I will post up a target over the weekend but so far sub 2 ' s! Perfect for those hillside shots...it will give confidence where it counts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rg 6.5x47.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	62777

Thanks for the positive comments. Well it certainly is a shooter that's for sure.

Happy to say that there was no use of any so called special type of "thread pitch" gauges used or any particular grade of thread nonsense.
    It's just good basic machining, which is needed, no bells or whistles.

All 4 rifles that have gone out this week have the same accuracy I'm happy to say.

Look forward to the other targets you put up.

I can't wait to get my hands on my .222 that James is re barrelling for me.

Mines all but finished tikka 690 , 280 ack imp hope to collect it next week Cant wait to play before its use on my next outing up north

Should have my freshly coated and crowned 45-120 back next week as well. Great job on that 6.5x47 so I've got high hopes for mine!
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me