Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any teachers out there managed to get on a DSC1 course?

Any teachers out there managed to get on a DSC1 course?

Yes, yes i know teachers have loads of holidays that they dont deserve, despite the fact that they work ten hour days and then come home to work evenings and weekends for no additional payl But what they can't do is take a day off work when they want. So, i have never been able to find a DSC course that i could attend. Any other teachers out there? How did you manage it?

Not a teacher, but I live in East Kent. I did my DSC1 with Jelen - they did a weekend course which started on a Friday evening near Stockbridge (2 1/2 hr drive away for me)
    They had excellent pre course material which really helped.

Soundsinteresting. The basc courses seem to be 4 days, i have not seem less than three, so i will look into that. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhout View Post
    Soundsinteresting. The basc courses seem to be 4 days, i have not seem less than three, so i will look into that. Cheers.
    I did a self study option for DSC1 with Stalking School, Moray. This only requires you to take 1 day off for the assessment. I found this really good in conjunction with the online questions on http://www.dsctraining.org/ (1 month access included with my course).

Some people do run courses in the school holidays!

David.

Yep a teacher here and I got DSC1 done over a weekend with paul at fechan at Byrony college. I would get intouch with paul and see what he is currently running.
    Just make sure you do your homework before you go.

I have not found anything like that but i can never take time off -even one day. I had a sports teacher colleague once who was desperate to go to Wimbledon. Took a sickie, and got spotted on the tv. Fired next day, never saw him again. I am even told how close my relatives can be before i am allowed to attend their funeral! !

Byrony college

Can you flesh that out a bit please. I can't find anything on it.

PM paul at fechan on here as he may be running courses at other (closer) locations or be able to point you in the right direction.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...us-Aug-1st-2nd

http://www.sruc.ac.uk/directory_reco...ficate_level_1
    Last edited by Bart308; 01-11-2015 at 20:53.

I run dsc1's all over the place in a sat/sun weekend format like Bart says, come over to our gap180 course near Hitchin and get a couple of outings in at the same time so that way it's a short getaway rather than a weekend course. Pierred on here hosts the course and can advise you of dates.

last thread on that course is here:
    DSC1 Wish me luck