Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helle Knives.

Helle Knives.

Hiya, last week, I had a delivery of timber to a new build, one of my ratchet straps seized up, I didnt have a knife to cut it with, then the owner came out of his car with a cracking looking knife, turns out it was Swedish and made by Helle, it was gorgeous, and sharp as sharp can be...I had a hold of it, and loved it ...

Just looked on the Helle Site, it's a Symfoni, at £73 the guy was using...

Now, as it's Christmas soon, ( sorry chaps) and I have three kids and 6 grandkids dying to buy their old dad/papa a present has anyone used one for a period of time ?? If so, how did it do?? I really do like the look, and feel of them...

Thanks in advance guys...
    Last edited by Norrie1956; 02-11-2015 at 19:44.

I have a very similar knife by them and the blade is not very robust, I've bent it on things that shouldn't bend a blade, also, it's not a full tang which persoanlly I find another weakness, I prefer a thicker more robust blade with full tang...
    Each to their own, but for the money there are better knives out there.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

+1 with deerstalker as had a helle for a few years, lovely when new, but not worn that well.. at best it now goes out as the spare in my roe sack. if I had your budget above to pick up a new knife, I don't think it would be a helle.

I have one and really like it it's a folding knife which I prefer, it keeps it's edge well. It's a Norwegian company here's a video of there factory.

WH
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    turns out it was Swedish and made by Helle
    Helle are made in Norway, Karesuando are made in Sweden .
    Helle is the sharpest out of the box, but Kasresuando is better quality.

I have one of these, there are loads of others to choose from in different price ranges on their site, but I can recommend this one, it's bombproof.
    A. Wright Son 700 Rosewood Handled Bushcraft Knife
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Eggen for me, prefer the ridge to keep my wet hands slipping onto the blade

Eggen is one of our most used all-round outdoor knifes.

but the Temegami ticks a lot of boxes too

Temagami, a bushcraft knife with semi-full tang for extra strength

Cheers guys, that's why I love this site, some great informed information...I didn't know they were NOT full Tang...I did a couple of years training as a commis chef, and my head chef always said, buy only full tang knives...so.........

I have 2, a wind fixed blade and a folder. Great knives, sharp a razors and easy to keep that way. Expensive enough to care about but not so expensive as to worry too much about using hard/losing. Had the wind for 11 years still going strong, not had to sharpen very often, and well used.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Cheers guys, that's why I love this site, some great informed information...I didn't know they were NOT full Tang...I did a couple of years training as a commis chef, and my head chef always said, buy only full tang knives...so.........
    I have the Helle Eggen and is full tang... don't know about the other models.