Thread: schultz larsen classic any info please

schultz larsen classic any info please

hi all

have just bought my first stalking rifle a new condition second hand shultz larsen original classic (not the newer m97 DL model) in .243 from a rfd. i have scoured the internet for days trying to find information manual for this rifle or any information in general and cannot. i have found the manual for the classic m97 dl and i would assume that my rifle was the pre-runner to the newer m97 model. would i be correct in thinking my gun is the fixed barrel model and the multibarrel option is the m97 model. the rfd can only give me information of where the rifle was sourced but no info about the rifle itself. i know these are quality rifles, i had looked originally at the m97 but was well out of my budget and was opting for a tikka t3. whilst in the shop enquiringabout purchasing the tikka i came across the schultz at a very agreeable price and bought it. can anyone shine a light on any infomation re this model and differences to the newer one. how much would the have cost new as i cannot find any comparison.
    any information would be hugely appreciated.

atb 7diaw

Pretty sure as you say that the classic was just the fixed barrel mod 97. I will have a look tonight and see what I can find. S&L have just got an importer over there. May be an idea to send them a mail.
    atb Toby

Try emailing the maker they tend to be quite helpful, also Alan Rhone is importing some of tgeir stuff now and may be able to help.

thanks guys will email schultz larse to see if they can help.

atb
    7diaw

Just saw the new S&L range at Alan Rhone's in Wrexham yesterday morning. Kindly shown by one of their staff and have to say they are very impressive hunting rifles.

Nice choice of barrels from Octagonal through fluted and various grades of wood. The really cool bit is the dis-assembly of everything.
    Metal from stock, barrel from receiver...just makes swapping a barrel easy peasy and more importantly...not too pricey.
    The trigger on the one I tried had a fast lock time and felt sharp, not dis-similar to my Blaser K95 & Pricing for this kit I'm told starts at around £1600.

The scope mounting system appears to accomodate S&L's own ring mounts as well as more standard types of base mounts.
    An impressive range of rifle variations to choose from, some rather too heavy for my liking, but others much more in my weight/carrying tolerance.
    Personally, I liked what I was seeing and can see them reaching into a good market place as an alternative to Blaser and Sauer.

No .. I'm not about to buy one & I don't work for them or S&L, just liked what I saw.
    Cheers
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

The only difference between the Classic and the Classic DL is the fixed barrel. The Schultz & Larsen are known to be simple and durable riffles of high quality, very accurate and with a extremely smooth bolt action. In Denmark you can still find new Classics at the dealers and the price is approximately 900 pounds.
    I'm sure that you will be satisfied with your new riffle - I've got two Classics in 6,5x55 and 9,3x62 and expect them to stay in the cabinet for good.
    Last edited by Sortseer; 07-11-2015 at 09:31.

thanks sortseer your post has given me the information i need and look forward to picking up next week
    thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by 7daysinaweek View Post
    hi all

have just bought my first stalking rifle a new condition second hand shultz larsen original classic (not the newer m97 DL model) in .243 from a rfd. i have scoured the internet for days trying to find information manual for this rifle or any information in general and cannot. i have found the manual for the classic m97 dl and i would assume that my rifle was the pre-runner to the newer m97 model. would i be correct in thinking my gun is the fixed barrel model and the multibarrel option is the m97 model. the rfd can only give me information of where the rifle was sourced but no info about the rifle itself. i know these are quality rifles, i had looked originally at the m97 but was well out of my budget and was opting for a tikka t3. whilst in the shop enquiringabout purchasing the tikka i came across the schultz at a very agreeable price and bought it. can anyone shine a light on any infomation re this model and differences to the newer one. how much would the have cost new as i cannot find any comparison.
    any information would be hugely appreciated.

atb 7diaw
    I keep in touch with the Swedish gun auctioneers websites. These are good places to look for the earlier Scandinavian makes & models.

Follow the search link below ... hope it works ....

https://auctionet.com/en/search/61-r...+%26+Larsen%22
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005_opt.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	64326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151119_124139311_opt.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	64327
    Update bought the rifle, negotiated that they refinished the stock to geta very small mark out, scewcut the barrel and got it all i for £800 quid, absolute bargain, genuine schultz mounts were expensive though at £300, put on a sonic moderator. anyhow went off for the work and picked up a couple of weeks later. put on quality scope and shoots as straight as a beggar can spit.got a couple of stalks booked for jan and feb, anyhow have added a couple of pics that dot really do it justice gun is in new mint condition. could not be happier.