Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 African Hunting Season Feedback

2015 African Hunting Season Feedback

Hallo to all readers, new on this forum and happy to be here.
    Its November and I cannot believe how quick 2015 has slipped past!
    Time flies when you are having fun, our hunting season started in February, but it seems like just the other day!

883 Culling & Trophy Animals (almost 40 Species) hunted by 73 Foreign Hunters during the 9 month period, with less than 2.5% wounding rate!

Its been a good year with many new friends made, and excellent hunting memories created!
    Last edited by Umlilo Safaris; 04-11-2015 at 01:35.

a word of warning to anyone thinking of booking a trip to Africa with umlilio safaris.you will have a great time and will NOT be disapointed .I went on my first trip to Africa last month with 5 other members off this site who I wont name as I am sure they will want to add to my comments. although I have not been to Africa before I have parted with my hard earned cash before to hunt abroad and it has not always been great.so with that in mind I tried my best not to have to high expectations for this trip.but I can tell you that all aspects of the trip far exceeded my expectations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_000001.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	464.8 KB 
ID:	62898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0079.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	62899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0101.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	62900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0206.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	62901I have lots more pics just not very good with this computer bloody thing
    Last edited by toad; 03-11-2015 at 18:44.

I have also been out there with them excellent host great PH's they also try there best to get you what you have booked although it is some seven years since I have been I am still going to get back one day when work don't get in the way

go on book you wont be disappointed

Happy Hunting Paul D

Just had two weeks in the company of Umlilo. The first week was myself and four mates hunting. The second week was just my Mrs and I for our honeymoon. The hunting was way beyond my expectations. It was my first trip to Africa although the other guys had been with other outfitters before and they all thought it was great value. The honeymoon part made my Mrs feel really special and even during the first week when we hunting and she was quite prepared to stay in the lodge and read Melissa would have none off it and took her somewhere everyday. A well run professional company with truly great hospitality. I'll be back next year.

Straight Shooting

Mike

Having hunted South Africa for the very first time this year with Umlilo, along with 4 other very close friends, and Toad.
    I would echo his statement fully.
    Firstly, having been lucky to hunt all 6 species of deer within the British Isles, and having shot deer in all 4 countries, Wales, Scotland,England, N Ireland , I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be able to hunt in South Africa,
    The welcome from the guys at Umlilo, as well as all the staff was humbling, genuine, sincere and more than I expected or could have envisaged.
    The food and accommodation were first class, staying in a comfortable lodge waking up to views of an abundance of plains game, zebra, giraffe,wilder beast and some very brave monkeys.
    Various dishes were on offer throughout the week, each more delicious than the last, but lunch and dinner were all exquisite, and to say we were looked after would be an understatement, and of course plenty of drinking in-between.
    The hunting was to prove to be the proverbial cherry on the cake, I Myself taking 16 animals for the week, along with everyone else taking their package animals, together with some trophies as well.
    A first for me with some excellent driven hunting in-between, as well as quality foot stalking the species on offer.
    Nothing was too much trouble, having hunted a few times in Europe, I would and do genuinely encourage anyone interested to get in touch for a package.
    These trips are not out of reach for the working man, and I'd urge anyone interested to get in touch to see what they can offer.

I hope that the once in a lifetime trip happens more often, and hopeful we can make it a regular trip.
    Arwel Thomas

I was lucky enough to be on the trip with Toad, and Gelert and others, and would agree with their comments. Thank you Francois, Johan and the team for a great time.
    Kev.
    PS, I'm sure I can still smell that Bushpig on my hands !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevhumps View Post
    I was lucky enough to be on the trip with Toad, and Gelert and others, and would agree with their comments. Thank you Francois, Johan and the team for a great time.
    Kev.
    PS, I'm sure I can still smell that Bushpig on my hands !!!!
    why do think no one wanted to sit next to you on the plane pal

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    why do think no one wanted to sit next to you on the plane pal
    Ha, your feet weren't good either
    !Kev.

I bet when you lot got together, after a few jars, nobody wanted to sit near either of you ;-)
    No sleeping on the peg this time then Ken !!
    I bet you were a great group when you got together.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I bet when you lot got together, after a few jars, nobody wanted to sit near either of you ;-)
    No sleeping on the peg this time then Ken !!
    I bet you were a great group when you got together.
    You'd have enjoyed the trip Eddy, plenty of trigger time, and a good craic !
    Kev.