Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi All from North Wales Coast

Hi All from North Wales Coast

Hello all, just a brief introduction from myself.

45, bald, been shooting since I was 9 with air rifles with brief forays into shotguns and firearms due to my father having a shotgun and me being a member of the air cadets. after a spell of not shooting I finally got my backside into gear and got my FAC last year and been trying to put a dent in the local rabbit population. been using air rifles only up to that point.

I'm interested in moving up from rabbits to venison and goat, so will be on the lookout for any hints and tips.

I'm a member of the local range and have been for the last 5 years.

I enjoy shooting and being outdoors, been bushcrafting ever since I watched Eddie McGee on 'telly, long before the term bushcraft was copywrited :-)

So, please forgive any daft or really stupid questions I may ask, not here to offend, only to learn.

Welcome, there are no daft questions related to firearms/hunting/reloading etc, ask away you will get lots of help in here, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Welcome, also from North Wales.
    Which bit of the coast? (I'm on the coast too).

welcome/croeso from another north wales resident!

Thanks for the replies Gents

I'm on the North Wales coast at Abergele, and I know you Mike from the range at Bangor, long time no see!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWing View Post
    Thanks for the replies Gents

I'm on the North Wales coast at Abergele, and I know you Mike from the range at Bangor, long time no see!
    Ah, further north than me. Must be a few deer around your way?

Hi VSS, can't walk in the woods behind Abergele without falling over deer and badgers! I've been trying to keep the rabbit population down at a couple of places, and I've been asked if I can do anything about foxes too, the problem being that I can't shoot them with .17hmr or .22lr according to the FEO. So I've been thinking of something heavier to go after fox, deer and goat

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWing View Post
    Hi VSS, can't walk in the woods behind Abergele without falling over deer and badgers! I've been trying to keep the rabbit population down at a couple of places, and I've been asked if I can do anything about foxes too, the problem being that I can't shoot them with .17hmr or .22lr according to the FEO. So I've been thinking of something heavier to go after fox, deer and goat

You could just shoo the deer down this way...
    I'd invite you over to have a crack at them from time to time

Welcome to the home of madness
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks