Hi All from North Wales Coast

BlackWing

Hello all, just a brief introduction from myself.

45, bald, been shooting since I was 9 with air rifles with brief forays into shotguns and firearms due to my father having a shotgun and me being a member of the air cadets. after a spell of not shooting I finally got my backside into gear and got my FAC last year and been trying to put a dent in the local rabbit population. been using air rifles only up to that point.

I'm interested in moving up from rabbits to venison and goat, so will be on the lookout for any hints and tips.

I'm a member of the local range and have been for the last 5 years.

I enjoy shooting and being outdoors, been bushcrafting ever since I watched Eddie McGee on 'telly, long before the term bushcraft was copywrited :)

So, please forgive any daft or really stupid questions I may ask, not here to offend, only to learn.

Thanks for the replies Gents

I'm on the North Wales coast at Abergele, and I know you Mike from the range at Bangor, long time no see!

Hi VSS, can't walk in the woods behind Abergele without falling over deer and badgers! I've been trying to keep the rabbit population down at a couple of places, and I've been asked if I can do anything about foxes too, the problem being that I can't shoot them with .17hmr or .22lr according to the FEO. So I've been thinking of something heavier to go after fox, deer and goat

Hi VSS, can't walk in the woods behind Abergele without falling over deer and badgers! I've been trying to keep the rabbit population down at a couple of places, and I've been asked if I can do anything about foxes too, the problem being that I can't shoot them with .17hmr or .22lr according to the FEO. So I've been thinking of something heavier to go after fox, deer and goat

You could just shoo the deer down this way...
I'd invite you over to have a crack at them from time to time :D

alright mate wasn't to sure if it was you or not.
again welcome to the forum.
brilliant place for info and stuff for sale!

Sounds dramatic doesn't it? Black Wing. almost like some secret organisation bent on total world domination.

In reality, I once was the proud owner of a 110 Land Rover. The local builder decided to round one of the corners and I had it repaired on his insurance but not painted. Until it was resprayed it was always pointed out as 'The Land Rover with the Black Wing""

Or I could be just saying that to cover up the fact that I am the head of a secret organisation with a secret agenda for world domination....

World domination . You will not get far your surrounded by SD members in North Wales. Ready to sort out an uprising by a secret socitiy. Lol

Back