Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contacts for gun clubs using cattrick rangers

contacts for gun clubs using cattrick rangers

hi as anybody got any contact numbers for gun clubs in north Yorkshire Durham or round about that use the rangers at cattrick garrison or somewhere i could put down for zeroing my 30.06 another way police trying to take ticket.

Yes, but you would need to be a full member of the club and go through their probationer system! You can't just whack the name of a club down to circumvent the law... that's just taking the piss... if you don't have good reason you shouldn't be in possession!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Yes, but you would need to be a full member of the club and go through their probationer system! You can't just whack the name of a club down to circumvent the law... that's just taking the piss... if you don't have good reason you shouldn't be in possession!!
    A bit harsh I think! We have to live with (and within) our firearms laws but it doesn't mean we have to agree or whack each other over the head with them!
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    A bit harsh I think! We have to live with (and within) our firearms laws but it doesn't mean we have to agree or whack each other over the head with them!
    Not at all... if he wants to join a club, great... nowt wrong with that but just wanting someone to let him 'SAY' he shoots there so that he can show good reason (that's how the request reads to me) is NOT within the law and is out of order.. If he has no where to shoot his 30.06 then why on earth does he need one.. If that's not the case then give us an explanation but I certainly wouldn't want to expose my club to such a request and the associated risk!!! I'd be amazed if any club would let him to be honest, although I do know of one in Yorkshire where having a FAC grants immediate full membership.. they still have to report to the police if there is no attendance though!

Thats exactly how i read it..

" i could put down for zeroing my 30-06 " is very different than i could visit or become a member
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

as it reads i want the contact details maybe to ring and join as my club down in rossendale is now two hours away if i just wanted to WHACK an name of a club down i would put that not be on here asking for ''CONTACT'' numbers not names of club and thanks to the others who have the common sense to actually read the message correctly so for the few that cant if anybody knows of any land that is signed off for it where i could get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN.G View Post
    as it reads i want the contact details maybe to ring and join as my club down in rossendale is now two hours away if i just wanted to WHACK an name of a club down i would put that not be on here asking for ''CONTACT'' numbers not names of club and thanks to the others who have the common sense to actually read the message correctly so for the few that cant if anybody knows of any land that is signed off for it where i could get in touch with them.
    That post doesn't read any better mate!

I certainly wouldn't want to expose my club to such a request and the associated risk!!!
    Yes. I know the law and I know how clubs operate. Seems you have this guy figured out in a sentence!
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Surely being a member of a club in Rossendale would give you good reason to possess your 30-06 why would the police try to remove your FAC